• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 2E Rate Pathfinder 2E

Rate Pathfinder 2E

• Excellent *****

Votes: 51 35.9%
  • Good ****

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • Average ***

Votes: 32 22.5%
  • Poor **

Votes: 23 16.2%
  • Terrible *

Votes: 6 4.2%

kayman

Explorer
For PF2 the examples I gave are extreme, but it shows immediately when even as L2 wizard has a +2 bonus to AC for no narrative justification beyond a hand wave that "everything 2nd level is better at getting out of the way"
The narrative justification can be the same that in PF1 a wizard of level 3 gained +1 in his reflex save.
Experiance in the field made hin more aware of area spells.PF1
Experiance in the field made hin more aware of how to dodge blows. PF2.

kayman

Explorer
You say I'm not coherent. But you fail to demonstrate that while offering a fully incoherent self contradiction.

AGAIN...

"You are confusing things, BALANCE on the principle that each class has its qualities and flaws, but never balanced for any situation in the game. A warrior will be totally dominant over a wizard depending on the situation and vice versa. Something completely impossible in PF1, the wizard (cleric, druid, etc ..) will always be superior in ALL game situations from the 8th or 9th level onwards. "

There is no contradiction in what i just said.

BryonD

Hero
PF2 has managed to make each character class distinct in its abilities (with a wide spectrum of options within its own class) while preventing certain classes from becoming completely dominant over the course of levels.
The fighter in PF2 is DOMINANT in his ability with the sword as he passes levels, even in relation to other martial classes.
You said it prevents dominance and you said it creates dominance.

That aside, you are again moving the goal posts.
I agree that all classes get various rider abilities as they progress through the tiers. But the MATH was the point of conversation. Thge MATH is the point of failure that is critical to me. So if you want to address my concern you must stay on point there. You continue to flee from the topic.

BryonD

Hero
The narrative justification can be the same that in PF1 a wizard of level 3 gained +1 in his reflex save.
Experiance in the field made hin more aware of area spells.PF1
Experiance in the field made hin more aware of how to dodge blows. PF2.
1) I'd be totally on board with revising PF1 to adjust this.

2) There are differing rates of progress for differing classes in PF1. The flaw that everything paces in the same tight range does not exist. the idea that wizards progress at dodging blows (and all wizards everywhere are obliged to do this) at the same rate as all fighters is narratively absurd. The idea that all characters fundamentally advance at all things along this same track is even worse.

3) Pathfinder 1E uses the basic save progressions as part of the default assumptions, but the math is not locked in to those rates. You could change them dramatically and you would not be undermining the system. PF2E is built with the mathematical balance as a core foundation.

kayman

Explorer
You said it prevents dominance and you said it creates dominance.

That aside, you are again moving the goal posts.
I agree that all classes get various rider abilities as they progress through the tiers. But the MATH was the point of conversation. Thge MATH is the point of failure that is critical to me. So if you want to address my concern you must stay on point there. You continue to flee from the topic.
"...certain classes from becoming completely dominant over the course of levels."

I was refering to the spellcasters.

Did you watch the video?

There a lot of math in there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads