(Proposal) Academy of the Chromatic Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

LogicsFate

First Post
As I mentioned before, I worked the academy into my backstory when I started LEW, though... I also took the feat, Skill Focus(spell craft), would I be able to replace that?

Of course I would understand if I couldn't, it just seems like a nice replacement

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
LogicsFate said:
As I mentioned before, I worked the academy into my backstory when I started LEW, though... I also took the feat, Skill Focus(spell craft), would I be able to replace that?

Of course I would understand if I couldn't, it just seems like a nice replacement

I would think so. It would be an invisible transition, game-wise. I think getting this academy settled would enrich the world enough to justify little changes like that.

orsal

LEW Judge
LogicsFate said:

I agree with Manzanita -- it's a minor change and appropriate to your background. If this is approved, you should make the switch.

Knight Otu

First Post
I agree with Manzanita and Orsal on the potential swap.
Now, on the feat:
How do you expect it to be used?
  • Is it a 1st level feat only? Or a "take on gradiation" feat? That may allow it to be a bit better, though that may already be covered by the loosened prereqs for PrCs.
  • Is it only for that one Academy? Or could it be used for any academy (Which would mean writing it as Academy Graduate (Chromatic Order))?
  • Is it a potential "gateway" feat for more arcane techniques of that academy?

Manzanita

First Post
I don't have any plans for expanding on the academy in the near future. As such, I view the academy as something players can write into the backgrounds of their wizards. DMs can also use it however they wish. I don't see PCs going there after they become active to learn more stuff.

This feat would only be for graduates of the Academy of the Chromatic Order. Graduates of other institutions would need to create their own feats! :p

As such, this feat could only be taken at the first wizard level, and would not be a gateway to other feats. Normally this would be the PC's first class. If someone wanted to multiclass as a wizard, given the nebuous time-scale in LEW, perhaps they could do this. I would think it would normally take several years and hundreds of gps to actually get through the academy, and thus it would normally only be for PCs who start as a wizard.

I would like to allow current PCs who already have the academy as part of their background to be grandfathered into being allowed to take the feat at their next opportunity.

Last edited:

nimisgod

LEW Judge
What Knight Otu said. And I also think that the feat should be taken at 1st level. Graduate of the Chromatic Academy should have a "Special:" entry regarding this circumstance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads