• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Posting 4E Questions for 4E Play-Tests?

Drawmack

First Post
Reviewing postings, every year in preperation for GenCon we get those guessing this is the year WotC will announce the next edition of DnD. Eventually they'll be right and then we'll never hear the end of it for not believing them.

Okay, well, I confess it:

It's me. Me and the poster under the name of Arashi Ravenblade (an account shared by James Jacobs, Ari Marmell and Carl Sargent) are the current developers of 4e.

Thing is, it will not only be announced at D&D Experience, we will have the five core books ready for immediate sale, as a special surprise to the ConGoers!

Everyone who completes the LGCore-Adventure "Eric's Tears or the Fall of Castle Pa'izo" will get the fourth core book (Skills) for free.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Drawmack said:
Reviewing postings, every year in preperation for GenCon we get those guessing this is the year WotC will announce the next edition of DnD. Eventually they'll be right and then we'll never hear the end of it for not believing them.

They're like televangelists predicting the end of the world.

Except, of course, the televangelists won't really get to gloat much.

Which makes the 4e demagogues just that much smarter than the televangelists.

So, you know, they got that goin for em.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Maggan said:
Giving people the task to subersively start 4e threads so that WotC can gather information, no I can't see that.

That is not what I was suggesting. I was merely suggesting that perhaps play-testers are trying to furtively gather feedback from others not involved in the play-test by creating the occassionl 4e thread.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Considering the glut of 4e threads, we're going to be a bit strict about where they belong. As this is a thread about the threads, off to Meta!

Crothian

First Post
airwalkrr said:
That is not what I was suggesting. I was merely suggesting that perhaps play-testers are trying to furtively gather feedback from others not involved in the play-test by creating the occassionl 4e thread.

Nope, that's not what is happening. :cool:

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
airwalkrr said:

Ah, my mistake.

I still think it highly unlikely that WotC instituted a super secret 4e playtest program, probably regulated by NDAs covering all manner of restrictions, only to then recruit bunch of untrustworthy testers who can't stay off the messageboards trolling for under cover responses to things included in the test.

If people were untrustworthy enough to play the boards for reactions, that play test program would be in even more serious trouble, since I find it improbable that such testers would manage to keep quiet about the entire program.

/M

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
airwalkrr said:

That isn't the playtester's job, though. They are supposed to gather feedback from playing. Why would they risk violating their NDA to gather information that they aren't supposed to gather?

I would find a "WotC shills are out there gathering information" plot at least plausible. But a, "Playtesters going out of their way to gather information for which they don't even have a proper submission channel," plot sounds less than reasonable.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads