• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Well, well, well, the little gob wasn't lyin'." a deep voice echoes to you from nearby. Coming from around the corner of a nearby building, a hulking muscular humanoid strides forth. Around 7 feet tall and covered in coarse brown hair, the bugbear smiles with a mouth full of long, sharp fangs. Patting its large morningstar in one paw, it speaks again in accented common, "So now I gotta pound ya into mush before Balthazar gets back. Just wouldn't do ta have his prisoners freed or ta lose this precious crown ta some fool humans." The bugbear pats a large pouch hanging from its belt protectively before getting ready to fight. "Let's get this over with so I can get back to my dinner." The bugbear moves forward but can't reach the party and still make an attack, so he readies himself for them to come to him...
(I rolled for his attack prematurely, but it was a miss on about anybody. So feel free to move up and attack without him hitting this time. :D )

-Peladus, Periwinkle, and Xir can go...

[sblock=Init/Status]15 - Grax
13 - Peladus 6/6 hp
11 - Periwinkle 7/7 hp
8 - Xir 19/21 hp
7 - Kona'i 10/10 hp
[/sblock]
attachment.php

1d20+1=15
Bugbear readied attack (1d20+5=8, 1d8+2=4)

Attachments

• PH2-Bugbear1.JPG
    PH2-Bugbear1.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
"Goodness, you're a big monster! Are you evil? You certainly smell evil," Periwinkle exclaims, wrinkling her nose. "All the more reason to turn to Galatea. You'd get regular baths, at least. Goddess, could you please help protect my friend from the big stinky monster?" Periwinkle lays a hand on Xir, and a brief flash of blue radiance coalesces in a tall oval in front of him, before fading to invisibility.

ooc: Shield of faith.

[sblock=spells prepared]
Spells per day: 3/2+1
Save DC: 12 + spell lvl
0: detect magic, message, light
1: bless, prot. from evil (D), shield of faith
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
With a flick of his wrist, Xir flickers his mind blade to life. He tosses at the big creature, but misses terribly.

OOC: Move to make the blade, standard to throw AC 7

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus is shaken by the sudden appearance of the bugbear. His eyes narrow at the arrogance of the creature, as it taps the pouch holding their prize, then he chuckles at the thought of taking it down a notch or two. His hands move in practised patterns as he speaks the arcane words which call forth a coruscating ray of light. It springs forth from his fingertips to strike the tall humanoid, who grunts at the impact.

OOC: Ray of Enfeeblement (ranged touch) vs Grax (includes bonus for Point Blank Shot): (1d20+3=13, 1d6+1=3)

He then moves behind the monk, while raising his crossbow.

OOC: Way to go, Periwinkle - casting Shield of Faith on the most heavily armoured member of our team! :eek: :lol:

[sblock=Today’s Spells]Spells per day: 3/2

Cantrips:
Detect Magic
Light
Read Magic

Level 1:
Ray of Enfeeblement
Ray of Enfeeblement[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: Way to go, Periwinkle - casting Shield of Faith on the most heavily armoured member of our team! :eek: :lol:

ooc: Er, yes? I figured he'd tank. You put armor buffs on your tanks first. The rest of us should have the sense to stay out of melee range if at all possible.

Boddynock

First Post
ooc: Er, yes? I figured he'd tank. You put armor buffs on your tanks first. The rest of us should have the sense to stay out of melee range if at all possible.
OOC: Oh, OK, sorry covaithe. :eek: My take would have been to boost the second martial type as much as possible then send them both in! I suppose your way does make more sense.

Does Kona'i have a ranged attack of some sort?

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Peladus fires a ray at the bugbear and is heartened to see the slight look of confusion cross the face of Grax as he is weakened by the magic. The wizard then moves behind Kona'i and makes ready to use his crossbow.

-Periwinkle uses a spell to protect Xir and boost his defenses.

-Xir manifests his mindblade and throws it at Grax, but his aim is off the the attack misses.

-Kona'i pulls out his sling and fires a stone toward the bugbear with no more success than Xir had.

-Grax moves up to Xir and takes a mighty swing at the Xeph who can't seem to dodge in time. But Periwinkle's magic makes the difference and protects him from harm this time as the air around Xir bursts with rainbow colors and sunshine while protecting him.

-Peladus, Periwinkle, and Xir again...

[sblock=Round 2 Init/Status]15 - Grax (-3 Str)
13 - Peladus 6/6 hp
11 - Periwinkle 7/7 hp
8 - Xir 19/21 hp (+2 AC)
7 - Kona'i 10/10 hp[/sblock]
attachment.php

Kona'i sling attack at bugbear. (1d20+1=7, 1d4+3=5)
Bugbear morningstar attack at Xir. (1d20+5-1=19, 1d8+2-1=7)

Attachments

• PH2-Bugbear2.JPG
    PH2-Bugbear2.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 135

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir steps to the side, circling the big gob, but his strike has no better luck.

OOC: Shift to J18 to get a flank eventually. Attack: AC 10 IC hates me.

Remove ads