• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir looks at the wounded, but having no training in heal, is unable to help them. He looks over at the ever cheerful priestess and nods solemnly to the wounded. These must go to the gate and begin making their way out while we deal with our other mission. Otherwise, they may perish.

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus, too, looks over the milling prisoners. He nods in agreement at Xir's comment and says to them, "Not far from the mouth of this cave is the back gate to this place. Once you're out, follow the tunnel which is across the cavern from the gate. Take care, for there are traps set. Look, I'll make a copy of the directions we had from the Hunter - he's the one who set the traps. When you get to his home, wait there for us. Hopefully we won't be far behind you."

"Just down this corridor there's a guardroom. Inside you'll find the guards we killed to get to you. You may be able to salvage some weapons and armour from them. Most of it will be too small, but at least it'll be better than nothing. There was a hobgoblin there, too, so his stuff will fit."

Oh, is anybody here a spellcaster? The gate opens to spell energy. If not, I'd better come with you to make sure you can get out."

With that, Peladus makes a quick copy of the Hunter's directions.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Please, don't waste your resources on healing us. We'll be okay and we're mobile enough to walk the hell out of this place, even if a couple of us have to be carried by the rest. We don't have any spellcasters among us, no. Thank you again for your efforts on our behalf." one of the men says after stepping forward and becoming the defacto leader of the prisoners.

covaithe

Explorer
"Ooh, are you sure? Some of those cuts look very dirty to me. If you won't let me heal you, at least make sure to wash out those cuts with lots of soap and water as soon as you can. Water is the goddess' own healing element, you see, and soap makes you smell much nicer, which Galatea likes, and that makes her happy and she's more likely to help you heal." Periwinkle lectures anxiously, unhappy not to be helping these people more directly.

Boddynock

First Post
"No spellcaster? All right, since we're finished here, let's all go to the gate together. From there we'll go to deal with that bugbear, Brax. Er ... I don't suppose any of you can offer advice on how to deal with a bugbear?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
"No help on the bugbear thing, sorry. It helped beat us to a pulp when we were captured. Killed several of our brethren, it did." the Havenite says with downcast eyes.

After a quick walk back to the gate, you find that it is still cracked open and another dose of magic is not needed to unlock it. On the side of bad news, the only sign of the goblin you left tied up here by the gate is the ropes with which it was tied. The little bugger seems to have escaped.

Boddynock

First Post
"Blast! Now we're for it."

"You people had better get out of here now. Wait for us, if you can, at the Hunter's lodge. Otherwise, we'll see you back at Haven."

The young wizard turns to his companions, looking grim.

That goblin will have alerted Brax. We've lost the element of surprise. Still, I think we need to go in hard and fast - before Balthazar gets back. But first, let's come up with a plan."

Turning to the cleric he asks, "Periwinkle, what spells do you have left?"

"I have a single spell I can use to drain some of Brax's strength. I also have a scroll of magical sleep, which I think I should use on the goblins."

"The Sleep spell will bring down maybe four goblins. Once they're asleep, we'll have about a minute before they wake up - unless their mates can get to them. We need to try and keep that from happening."

"I'll ensorcel Brax as soon as I get a clear shot at him, although I'll have to get fairly close to him to do it. That being the case, I'd appreciate it if one of our warriors could keep him away from me. Please? Actually, depending on what forces we meet, it would make sense for both of you to tackle Brax. From what the prisoners were saying, he's dangerous."

OOC: Of course, the appalling initiative rolls we've made could really stuff us up. The good news is that, as far as I can see, reading a scroll is a standard action - which means the Sleep spell won't take a full round to cast.

[sblock=Today’s Spells]Spells per day: 3/2

Cantrips:
Detect Magic
Light
Read Magic

Level 1:
Ray of Enfeeblement
Ray of Enfeeblement[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir nods solemnly, but adds, 'When eyes are watching, be where they are not.' Best to come in unseen or where not expected if we can then.

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle shrugs. "I have some protective spells. Don't worry, guys. The goddess is on our side."

[sblock=spells prepared]
Spells per day: 3/2+1
Save DC: 12 + spell lvl
0: detect magic, message, light
1: bless, prot. from evil (D), shield of faith
[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
Periwinkle shrugs. "I have some protective spells. Don't worry, guys. The goddess is on our side."
The young man makes a half bow. He smiles and says, "I'm sure you're right, Periwinkle. And I think we've shown that we're a force to be reckoned with, too. Still, it doesn't hurt to be prepared, does it?"

Casting a thoughtful eye over the party he adds, "Perhaps you could cast one of your protective spells on our monk friend here, just before we go into battle? I'm sure he'd be grateful, wouldn't you, Kona'i?"

Xir nods solemnly, but adds, 'When eyes are watching, be where they are not.' Best to come in unseen or where not expected if we can then.
"You're right, Xir. If we can find a way to come upon them unseen, that'd be for the best. Let's go!"

[sblock=Today’s Spells]Spells per day: 3/2

Cantrips:
Detect Magic
Light
Read Magic

Level 1:
Ray of Enfeeblement
Ray of Enfeeblement[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads