PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
As she hears the voice, Eleria’s right hand instinctively creeps towards the hilt of her rapier. She calls out in a demanding tone...

“Who speaks? And by whose authority do you make these demands!”

[sblock=Phoenix]
Know: Arcana/Spellcraft: 4. I wanted to know if the speech was some kind of magical effect, though don't bother.
Sense Motive: 4. I wanted to know if this was an idle threat or if the person behind the voice intended to back it up. Again, don't bother!

I think Invisible Castle hates me! :p [/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir does not react to the strange voice, unsurprised after their employer's description. He also did not respond, for talking to the wind was a sign of desert madness.

Wik

First Post
"Lock couldn't keep out a spastic with a hairpin..." Elthic mutters, but loud enough for anyone nearby to hear him.

At the loud voice, Elthic stumbles backwards, and draws his spear. After it fades off, Elthic turns to his companions and says "Maybe we shouldn't be here. It's obvious that the cousin doesn't want Lucias here... shouldn't we respect the family's wishes?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
At the loud voice, Elthic stumbles backwards, and draws his spear. After it fades off, Elthic turns to his companions and says "Maybe we shouldn't be here. It's obvious that the cousin doesn't want Lucias here... shouldn't we respect the family's wishes?"

As she hears the voice, Eleria’s right hand instinctively creeps towards the hilt of her rapier. She calls out in a demanding tone...“Who speaks? And by whose authority do you make these demands!”

"I speak upon my own authority, that of the owner of this household which you are breaking into! Should you proceed, you shall find I am not without means of stopping you. That lock was just to keep innocents from becoming hurt. Enter further and your innocence shall be null and void..." the voice responds again out of thin air. Then, just as you are staring at each other for confirmation that you are all hearing the same thing, the knobs turn and the double doors slowly swing inward with a loud creaking noise...

Wik

First Post
Elthic's eyes narrow. "A talking house? That issues threats? Family business or not, no one speaks to Elthic Bazelmak like that. Do your worst, house - dwarves aren't just masters of creation... we also know how to take things apart."

He looks over at his companions, and warily takes a step forward, into the house...

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
More than a little surprised that she received an answer for her question, Eleria realises that whoever (or whatever) it was, the source of this voice was somehow sentient and may be reasoned with. Again she calls out.

“We are employed by the rightful owner of this house… and have proof! We expect you allow us to pass unmolested. Now show yourself! And give us what we came for.”

She instinctively takes a couple of steps backwards in order to appraise the house more fully.

[sblock=Phoenix]
Diplomacy: 10
Spot: 16
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
In a mocking tone, the voice responds to Elthic, Eleria, and Abdul each in turn, "Ooohh, a talking house! Where? Hahahaha. Watch out, the doors are very threatening! And if you take apart this house, would not poor Lucias take the cost out of your hides?

"The rightful owner?! No such thing exists. And if you had listened more carefully, you would already understand that. Unfortunately, what we expect and what we receive are often very different things in life. Give you what you have come for? Would that not stand contrary to what I have already made clear about my intentions?

"As for showing myself and telling you what I have to hide...Perhaps your friend Xir could sum it up best with one of his desert people sayings: 'Ask not the blind man what he sees, nor the deaf man what he hears, nor the hidden what it is they have to hide.' Did I get that correctly, Xir? Well enough, I think. For now, we shall see how you do against what awaits you within. If you are very lucky, perhaps we shall speak again..."
The voice trails off into a silence which no additional questions seem to end.

Looking into the house from the open doors, Elthic and those behind him see a very dimly lit room opening up on their right side. Thanks to each person's low light vision or darkvision, the lack of light does not hamper you in the slightest from making out a set of stairs leading up and directly away from them to the left-front, and directly to the left is a closed single wooden door. The room on the right side appears to be a den. A couch and coffee table sit in front of a fireplace on the east wall, and the northern wall is occupied with a row of bookshelves along it which end beside a statue. The statue stands beside an open archway into another room to the north. Straight through the archway, you see what should be the back door of the house along the far wall.

Attachments

• DarqueDemense6.JPG
    DarqueDemense6.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 138

WarlockLord

First Post
Abdul enters the house.
"We should go up the stairs. It would be fun. That is, if someone wants to run up and see what's up there." As he speaks, he examines the statue, making a pass in the air and muttering under his breath. The world distorts around him.
"I feel in the mood to off a few arrogant disembodied voices. Ho hum," he goads.

[sblock=OOC phoenix]
Abdul casts detect magic. Spellcraft 1d20+9=22 if applicable. Taking a look at the statue first. Duration 1 minute.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Prepared spells]
Spells Prepared (3/3, DC 15+level)
0-daze, read magic, (1 used)
1- color spray, sleep, ray of enfeeblement
[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
Elthic is going to look around anxiously, and then slowly make his way towards the wooden door, moving quietly. He keeps a dagger in one hand, ready to be thrown if necessary. His spear is in his other.

"Damned house. I should drum up a few termites or something. Wonder if you'd like that, you block of timbers? Bust a few of your windows, burn the place down. " he mutters darkly.

Remove ads