• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

.pdf Character Sheets That Can Save Data?

msd

First Post
I've seen a lot of great character sheets out there in .pdf format that auto-fill, etc. None of the ones I have come across actually let you save the information from session to session. In other words, it seems (and maybe I am totally batty here) that if you wanted to keep your character data in this format, you would have to re-type the information each and every time.

Is there a character sheet that does this?

IronWolf

blank
SSA-X2 has a 'Reader Saver' version that is supposed to allow saving of data, though it is said to have a watermark on the sheet. I use the Standard version of that sheet and like, I have not tried the Reader Save version, but it might be worth looking at.

DaveStebbins

First Post
I believe you can only save text input into PDF forms with the full version of Acrobat, not Acrobat Reader. At least, it used to be that way. One of the perks of buying the full Acrobat program.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
IronWolf said:
SSA-X2 has a 'Reader Saver' version that is supposed to allow saving of data, though it is said to have a watermark on the sheet. I use the Standard version of that sheet and like, I have not tried the Reader Save version, but it might be worth looking at.

The notice with the sheet mentions that it only works with the full version of Acrobat.

The Auld Grump

Pasus Nauran

First Post
TheAuldGrump said:
The notice with the sheet mentions that it only works with the full version of Acrobat.

Nope, IronWolf is correct. The 'ReaderSave' edition of the sheet will allow you to save PDF form data from within Adobe/Acrobat Reader (though you won't be able to adjust page visibilities to hide pages you aren't using). I just re-read the description on my webpage, and I can see the confusion. I will change the text as soon as I have a chance to be less confusing.

There is a watermark across each page, but it's a small price to pay (imo) for a PDF character sheet that allows you to save from Adove's free software.

Hope that clears things up.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Pasus Nauran said:
Nope, IronWolf is correct. The 'ReaderSave' edition of the sheet will allow you to save PDF form data from within Adobe/Acrobat Reader (though you won't be able to adjust page visibilities to hide pages you aren't using). I just re-read the description on my webpage, and I can see the confusion. I will change the text as soon as I have a chance to be less confusing.

There is a watermark across each page, but it's a small price to pay (imo) for a PDF character sheet that allows you to save from Adove's free software.

Hope that clears things up.

My apologies, I did not scroll down far enough to see the Reader Saver version, and downloaded the standard version believing that it was the version under discussion. Very cool.

The Auld Grump

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
DaveStebbins said:
I believe you can only save text input into PDF forms with the full version of Acrobat, not Acrobat Reader. At least, it used to be that way. One of the perks of buying the full Acrobat program.
Which is one of the reasons I love the full version.

Remove ads