• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PBP] The Port Opal Underground - OOC Thread

maddmic

Explorer
Just curious, what about Kobolds? They're small and hated..... Might be interested. I will have to look and see what I want to play.....

Reprisal

First Post
Kobolds have an entirely different place in this campaign world. In fact, they aren't even native to the Old World Continents, so none of the "civilized" races even know about them. I was planning on introducing them far later in the campaign. So, I suppose I should just say that I don't think kobolds are needed at this point in time.

Are you still interested despite this? I sure hope so, :)

- Rep.

maddmic

Explorer
Yes, I'm still interested. I just thought playing a kobold would be fun. So what do we do with the character's once we're done w/ them? Do you want us to e-mail or PM them to you or something since you don't want them in this thread?

Reprisal

First Post
Yes, I'm still interested.

Whew. :D

Do you want us to e-mail or PM them to you or something since you don't want them in this thread?

You can e-mail me at reprisal@shaw.ca to send me your character information. Aside from stats, I would like a concise background and your character's reason for wanting to leave the continent of Vanaria and come to the New World.

Please use a "[PBP]" tag in your subject line!

Cool, unless there are any others, I think we have enough people to start soon, :cool:

- Rep.

maddmic

Explorer
Ok, one last question. PHB only, or are there any other books you're allowing? Also, what's the stat adjustments for a goblin. I do believe I'm going to play a halfling, but still curious what the ability adjustments are for a goblin too.

Last edited:

Reprisal

First Post
You can use any of the following for character creation:
- The Player's Handbook
- The Official Classbooks

House Rules
- The Skill Focus gives a +3 Bonus to the chosen skill and it's always considered a class skill.
- If you choose to take the Toughness feat, do not add 3 HP to your total. Instead, assume that you get to add a number of hit points equal to your hit die's maximum plus your constituion score. In other words, a Rogue with Con:14 would gain 8 hp, while a Barbarian with Con:18 would gain 16 hp. This is in addition to whatever HP you gain when you level up!
- Rangers may substitute Ambidexterity and Two-Weapon Fighting with Point Blank Shot and either Far Shot or Precise Shot. The first being a "Ranger of the Plains" and the second being a "Ranger of the Woods."
- The Bard class' Skills are now (6 + Int), not (4 + Int).

I think that's about it, did I mention that each PC starts with 150 GP? Oh yeah, I did... :cool:

- Rep.

Last edited:

Reprisal

First Post
Goblins
- Small.
- 30 ft. Movement
- 60 ft. Darkvision
- Stat adjustments are -2 Strength, +2 Dex, -2 Charisma
- +4 Racial Bonus to Move Silently checks
- Gain +6 to Ride and the Mounted Combat feat when riding on Worgs or Riding Dogs.
- Favoured Class: Rogue

:cool:

- Rep.

Inez Hull

First Post
Reprisal, I think I'm missing something with the old/new world distinction. I better re-read your first post, but I didn't catch any mention of it in the geography. My character will be a rogue, possibly with a fighter level to represent a thuggish nature - most likely a halfling, but if there is enough players to accommodate an elf that will be my preference.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads