• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PBP New game with New DM (players wanted)

Emerald

First Post
I am starting a new PBP game. This will be my first time DMing any game so please be understanding and join with this in mind. I will be running an old AD&D module my husband is helping me convert to 3rd addition rules. See description of mod below. I am looking for 4 players, please roll up your charcter using 25 point point buy, any PHB class, race, and alignment. Please email me your character stats, we will start as soon as I have 4 players.

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Module - Treasure Hunt

The Island of Viledel, the mighty Sea King, was sacked by a pirate army 60 years ago. Its destruction was so complete that even the location of the island was lost and forgotten. Despite the rumors of immense treasures still hidden in the ruined stronghold, no one ever found the Sea King's island again.

Until now. Through a cruel twist of fate, a small band of unwilling adventures is washed ashore of a small, barren island, and discovers what remains of Viledel's settlement. But they aren't alone; marauding orcs and goblins have found the island, too, and are frantically searching for the lost hoard. In this desperate treasure hunt, the real payoff may be survival.

If you have played this Module before, please play as though you haven't or don't play at all.

Thank You,
Emerald

Creamsteak

Explorer
Since I have never had the module, I'll join the game. If you need help with the cartography (mapping), I'm relatively good at teaching some really useful 'cheating' techniques that work, and I have a pretty broad knowledge. Also, the faster I join, the higher chance of preventing GaryH from accumulating his 100th game before the fifteenth full moon of his post-count. Not to mention, I didn't feel inclined to join Merak's game, but I really should have, considering my experiences with him in YB... when he set himself apart from all other players with his style.

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Must... stop.. Garyh!

I wanna play something unsubtle. A Human Fighter. Will get his stats up in a bit. ;)

Poto Knezer

First Post
I'm game

I'd like to play, though I've never played PbP before. I'd like to play a dwarf rogue. I'll email you the stats. Don't necessarily count me as a player though, until we iron out when we'll play. Is there a place I can get the details on how this works?

thanks
Grant

Creamsteak

Explorer
Re: I'm game

Poto Knezer said:
I'd like to play, though I've never played PbP before. I'd like to play a dwarf rogue. I'll email you the stats. Don't necessarily count me as a player though, until we iron out when we'll play. Is there a place I can get the details on how this works?

thanks
Grant
I'll see if I can run an FAQ thread by the mods, and have it posted in the index. I will post something thourough to this thread, however, on anything anyone might have questions concerning.

Capellan

Explorer
I'll take the 4th spot and lock out GaryH. :)

We have a Fighter and possibly a Rogue so far.

I think I'll be contrary and take a Half-Elf Bard, just because everyone complains about how weak they are :).

Stats to be e-mailed (and posted) in a few hours.

BTW, I'm assuming we're 1st level?

Do I need to worry about equipment? "washed ashore" would suggest I might not. If I do, how do you want us to determine starting gold?

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Re: Re: I'm game

creamsteak said:
I'll see if I can run an FAQ thread by the mods, and have it posted in the index. I will post something thourough to this thread, however, on anything anyone might have questions concerning.

I'm actually typing up a PbP FAQ tonight, CS. GoldenEagle had the idea, I volunteered to write it, and Dinkeldog said he'd sticky it. :)

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
creamsteak said:
Also, the faster I join, the higher chance of preventing GaryH from accumulating his 100th game before the fifteenth full moon of his post-count.
Krug said:
Must... stop.. Garyh!
Capellan said:
I'll take the 4th spot and lock out GaryH. :)

Boy, I guess I have a bit of a reputation, don't I? :)

Emerald, if you need a fourth, I'll play, but I'm happy to let other new folks play and try out the joy of PbP gaming. :D

Last edited:

Emerald

First Post
WOW, I was not expecting to fill up so quickly. That is great.
I forgot to tell you, you are going to be starting with no money, no weapons, and no supplies, you will have to find that stuff on the island. We have a cleric, a bard, a fighter and a rouge, Sounds like a good mix. I will post the opening scene tonight.

Just so everyone knows, I have a one year old and therefore can generally only post in the evening after he goes to bed. Most of my posts will be between 9 and 11 at night MST. With a few naptime posts for good measure.

Also, I would like to suggest that someone put at least one rank in profession sailor.

Emerald

MerakSpielman

First Post
Congrats love! Have a great time DMing!

creamsteak said:
I didn't feel inclined to join Merak's game, but I really should have, considering my experiences with him in YB... when he set himself apart from all other players with his style.

Awwww... I didn't know I had a fan. Thanks, cs.

Remove ads