• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [Paizo] Subscription Problems

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Angelikitty said:
That would so rule :) Maybe I should wait to see of Paizo will send me mine though, in case one of your gaming buddies wants it?

Whoops, did someone forget to switch from their alt back to their main account?

hunter1828

Butte Hole Surfer
Angelikitty said:
That would so rule :) Maybe I should wait to see of Paizo will send me mine though, in case one of your gaming buddies wants it?

Just let me know. Everyone in my gaming group subscribes and got their issue this month.

hunter1828

Skade

Explorer
Nothing to see here.... Guess that cat is out of the bag. How many souls do I have to sell to erase all of these posts? :D

Squire James

First Post
hunter1828 said:
I've got a different sort of "problem"...I received TWO copies of the latest issue of Dragon (#314), both with identical mailing labels. Anyone miss this issue? The extra is still sealed in plastic, I'll send it to you if you want it at no charge (US addresses only).

Interesting. I also got 2 copies of #314, followed by a notice that my subscription has expired. I renewed my subscription on paizo.com July or August (Dragon + Dungeon combo) while my old Dragon subscription was still going on. So far, I'm assuming they listed November as both the end date of my old sub and the begin date of the new sub, so perhaps I got the 2 issues because November made both lists.

So, hunter1828, is this about the end of a subscription cycle for you?

omedon

First Post
I tried subscribing to Dungeon about a year and a half ago, before the paizo switch.

I didn't receive any issues for a month or two, and I emailed them about it. I go a reply and was told they would send me my missing issue a copy of Legions of Hell (the promotion at the time) and start the subscription the following month. I thought cool, a free issue how nice of them.

Well I never got that free issue or any others. And have not tried to subscribe again since. :mad:

But that is okay, that mag has gone down hill anyways, and Green Ronin is releasing the book of fiends HC next month.

Dragon has been tempting me lately though, it keeps on getting better.

masque

First Post
Way back at issue 300 (the vile issue, wasn't it?) I never got my copy. Granted, I never did anything about it, and all previous and following issues made it there correctly.

I always assumed that the religious right took offense and had their postal lackeys steal it, since I lived in their hometown. Or that my parents were worried about that whole vile content thing and threw it out (it took a lot of convincing to get them to let me play in the first place, as a girl hanging out with a bunch of guys apparently "looks bad," even without the weird religious objections).

Yeah, sorry about that minirant. There was no point to that, this thread just reminded me of that...

MadBlue

Explorer
I've been having problems with my Dragon subscription too. It started with issue 306. Before issue 306, every issue arrived like clockwork, during the first week of the month. I was kind of surprised that, living in Japan, I was getting my copy before many subscribers in the States. Now I have to e-mail Paizo every month in order to get my copy. I haven't received issue 314 yet. Strangely enough, I'm not having any problem getting my issues of Dungeon.

The folks at Paizo have been very apologetic, and have sent me the issues, but I shouldn't have to e-mail them every month. I wonder how many subscribers are having this kind of problem.

hunter1828

Butte Hole Surfer
Squire James said:

As a matter of fact it is. I just renewed my subscription via the Paizo web site last month. Huh...I didn't think about that. I didn't get a notice that my subscription has expired, though.

hunter1828

storyguide3

First Post
MadBlue said:
I've been having problems with my Dragon subscription too. It started with issue 306. Before issue 306, every issue arrived like clockwork, during the first week of the month. I was kind of surprised that, living in Japan, I was getting my copy before many subscribers in the States. Now I have to e-mail Paizo every month in order to get my copy. I haven't received issue 314 yet. Strangely enough, I'm not having any problem getting my issues of Dungeon.

The folks at Paizo have been very apologetic, and have sent me the issues, but I shouldn't have to e-mail them every month. I wonder how many subscribers are having this kind of problem.
I haven't gotten Dragon since 312 and no Dungeon since 103. Sent them an email today. Hopefully I will hear something next week. Hopefully.

nopantsyet

First Post
Squire James said:
Interesting. I also got 2 copies of #314, followed by a notice that my subscription has expired. I renewed my subscription on paizo.com July or August (Dragon + Dungeon combo) while my old Dragon subscription was still going on. So far, I'm assuming they listed November as both the end date of my old sub and the begin date of the new sub, so perhaps I got the 2 issues because November made both lists.

That's exactly what happened to me. It also appears they have pulled their web subscription system offline, so maybe they've got some known problems with it. Anyway, I sent them an email just to make sure but haven't heard back yet.

Remove ads