• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS 474

WD40

First Post
hafrogman said:
I disagree. The vampire reference screamed WoD to anyone who has ever had the misfortune of LARPing. Like all jokes, they're not accessible to everyone, but with the right background they're hysterical.
*Nods* S'pose thats true...

I did a Vampire LARP many years ago...

In fact, I did a couple, none were very successful.... Most seemed to be backstabby-arsiness... IRL Backstabby nastyness, that seemed to stem from IC interactions... There was some daftness I wanted to steer clear from.

First time I approached the whole 'Angsting about drinking blood/killing innocent peoples' thing' I was informed that I could use 'The Kiss'. I never read the rulebooks too throughly, and missed that... I remember getting rather cross that I was supposed to be a bloodthirsty killing machine then finding out that I could just 'Kissy-make-it-better' and plaster over the whole murder thng.

The last time I full-on blew up and went into a full-on 'Who-gives-a-sugar-frosted-set-of-bollocks' mode and wound up getting myself 'Banished from the ... whatever they call their area-codes' for insulting the prince...

My parting shot went something along the lines of: "Yea! Well I'll make my own kingdom! And it'll be way better than yours! It'll have blackjack! And Hookers!"

My only regret is that it was a Futurama/Bender quote not my own. However, as that wasn't realized at the time, I got away with kudos.

WD40

First Post
Ringan said:
Ohh that's what the reference was! I thought it was Vincent Valentine, except the bat wings seemed out of place. So anyone know if that means Vincent's look was stolen from the shadow?
Vincent's look was stolen from just about every anime vampire who ever existed...

hafrogman

Adventurer
WD40 said:
I did a Vampire LARP many years ago...

.... Most seemed to be backstabby-arsiness... IRL Backstabby nastyness, that seemed to stem from IC interactions...
In my opinion, you managed to experience everything Vampire had to offer. :)

PrinceXaxor

First Post
Huh. Until I read this thread I did not notice the d10 comment. And V:tM was my first pen-and-paper RPG. I must be getting lazy. The shadow reference made me laugh.

IanB

First Post
Olaf the Stout said:
Nice. The last panel reminds me of a scene from a movie but I can't quite put my finger on which one it might be.

Olaf the Stout

What it reminds me of, is Cartman's tea party with Polly Prissypants in an early season of South Park.

Intrope

First Post
Olaf the Stout said:
Nice. The last panel reminds me of a scene from a movie but I can't quite put my finger on which one it might be.

Olaf the Stout
Weekend at Bernie's? ;)

OK, probably not what you were thinking of...

And I keep expecting to see a though bubble from O'chul saying 'I'm in Hell'

Remove ads