OotS 474

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Klaus said:
I like Shadow Roy, in particular.

:D

Me too. I loved The Shadow reference from the old pulp stories. I also didn't get the WoD reference at first, like Glyfair since I am not a player of the system either, but now that some of our fellows here have pointed it out to me I do think it's a funny jab.

WD40

First Post
I think the WoD reference was quite weak, which is a shame coz the joke has a lot of m eat to it...

Dispite the reference to Vampire, Mummy and Shadow/Wraith there was nothing else there to specifically shout "WoD critters" Over "D&D critters" so when the D10 reference came up, I, like everyone, still had their D&D head on and went "Surely he means D12, Undead HD".

Great joke, sadly poorly executed... Rich must be ill.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
The MitD must be health-conscious ---- can't say I know of many D&D critters that eat fat-free scones. :D

Victim

First Post
freyar said:
The MitD must be health-conscious ---- can't say I know of many D&D critters that eat fat-free scones. :D

By fat free, I think the creature actually means "is a rock." He has pretend friends eating fake food. In his imagination, since they're not capable of eating at this point.

Gez

First Post
paradox42 said:
He comments on the thread-count in the mummy bandages. :lol:

I don't think so. Thread count is a unit measuring how fine a textile is; and the thread count for Order of the Stick on the giantitp forums alone is nearly nine times 600.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Victim said:
By fat free, I think the creature actually means "is a rock." He has pretend friends eating fake food. In his imagination, since they're not capable of eating at this point.

Let's take this speculation to the ridiculous. :D The MitD implied that he wanted to eat them. Since he eats rocks, maybe he's a ... delver? :p

hafrogman

Adventurer
WD40 said:
I think the WoD reference was quite weak, which is a shame coz the joke has a lot of m eat to it...

Dispite the reference to Vampire, Mummy and Shadow/Wraith there was nothing else there to specifically shout "WoD critters" Over "D&D critters" so when the D10 reference came up, I, like everyone, still had their D&D head on and went "Surely he means D12, Undead HD".

Great joke, sadly poorly executed... Rich must be ill.
I disagree. The vampire reference screamed WoD to anyone who has ever had the misfortune of LARPing. Like all jokes, they're not accessible to everyone, but with the right background they're hysterical.

Last edited:

Enforcer

Explorer
I haven't played anything WoD in years, but I still immediately got the joke--the struggle with humanity speech right before it provided the setup.

Ringan

Explorer
Balgus said:
I like Shadow roy.. dressed up as the shadow

Ohh that's what the reference was! I thought it was Vincent Valentine, except the bat wings seemed out of place. So anyone know if that means Vincent's look was stolen from the shadow?

Last edited:

Remove ads