• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC Thread for: Warriors of Dawn, Knights of Twilight

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Darkwolf said:
GW, I honestly don't know what your problem is. I connected with the java client just fine(Dalamar, the chatroom link above still works to go there). May I suggest trying a irc client like mirc?(http://www.mirc.com). There are others available also, just search for irc clients somewhere like google.(http://www.google.com)

Downloaded it, and tried it. Didn't work, either.

I'm pretty certain this is a problem on my end... I'm not entirely sure what's going on, though.

All I can say is that it will take awhile for me to figure out what is going on - but once I do, it won't take all that long to fix it.

Darkwolf

First Post
Is it just not connecting, are you getting errors, or are you getting messages from the server and its terminating the connection?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Darkwolf said:
Is it just not connecting, are you getting errors, or are you getting messages from the server and its terminating the connection?

The connection is simply terminating. No errors - just not able to connect.

I got an idea on how to fix it - I'm not entirely sure if it will work, but I think it will... only problem is that it will take awhile...

Let the Games Begin!

Note that the post is meant to be vague, the prologue will be as its supposed to be, an introduction to the characters and to help everyone coordinate themselves with the rest better for when the real battles begin. There will be a much more lengthy beginning to Chapter I, including more of each characters motives for being where they are.

As a healthy reminder, I do need everyones Auto-Combat actions, and perferably in the order of importance: 1), 2), 3) as highlighted in the first post of this thread I believe, it will really help to make this game go smoother during combat (especially with this many people).

Thanks, and I hope everyone will have fun :)

Edit-GnomeWorks, and maybe Kalanyr (depending on char choice)-don't post quite yet, after the first update I'll include a part to update the both of you so that you can post.

Last edited:

Testing:

MapUploads.doc

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
Just a quick post. Internet is acting up unfortunately... Not sure if this'll post, but in any case, i'll try to email sollir my lvl-5 char (he has control of my character until i resolve these internet problems)

Kalanyr, I need the base creature for your character, some things look iffy-I definately need to talk to you about your spell-like abilities, they don't seem to follow a particular pattern except what spells can really help you ;)

Kalanyr

Explorer
Its a Marilith's spell-likes, with all of the non-alignment specific hurty spells swapped for buffing spells of lower total levels .

(Though I do recommend limiting invisibility to 3/day or removing it altogether and dropping the caster level to 8)

Last edited:

I was hoping I could get with you in chat to talk about your spell like abilities but so far I haven't had the chacne to

Spell-Like Abilities: At will- chaos hammer, darkness, detect good, detect law, detect magic,detect thoughts*, fly* , haste* , invisibility* , magic circle against good* ,mind blank*, greater magic weapon@, teleport without error (self plus 50 pounds of objects only),tongues* , true sight* , and unholy blight. These abilities are as the spells cast by a 13th-level sorcerer (save DC 13 + spell level).
* (Self Only)

Change At-will Chaos Hammer/Unholy Blight to 3/day Chaos Hammer or Unholy Blight (any combination of them)
-Invisibility 5/day
-Fly (change fly speed to base movement)
-Detect Thoughts 3/day
-Haste 1/day
-True Sight 1/day
Change level of spellcaster to your own HD +1.
Take away, maybe change: Mind Blank, Greater Magic Weapon
Gain: Nondetection-Constant, can be renewed as a free action if dispelled.

-May need to downgrade a few of the ability scores, it seems pretty powerful still with some of my changes, but give me your feedback so far.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads