• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Quickleaf's Rime of the Frostmaiden [closed for now]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I had a wild plan involving pole-vaulting, but in the end I went with Aric. If she sees Aric preparing fire spells, she can add 1d8=2 (yuk) to the effort.

domminniti

Explorer
Hmm, maybe we could try and do the planning stuff on here, I don't want to exclude people!

I didn't realise you were not on there @Kobold Stew -I recently commented how I loved the phrase "a tight monosyllable" :D

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
I had a wild plan involving pole-vaulting, but in the end I went with Aric. If she sees Aric preparing fire spells, she can add 1d8=2 (yuk) to the effort.
Actually you'd be supporting Zeth who is casting burning hands (14 dmg). And the damage may be low, but that will kick total fire damage up to 16, which lowers the DC for Russet by 1 more...

Base Save DC for Russet is 15
-4 dc for 16 fire damage total
-2 dc for Aric in bear form helping brace the sled

Total Strength Save DC 9 @domminniti

Wait a minute @Steve Gorak - you only have one round to prepare, and you're taking 2 Actions - entangle and Wild Shape. For some reason I was remembering Wild Shape as a bonus action, but just double checked and I was wrong. So I'm pretty sure you'd need to choose one or the other?

edit: I'm an idiot - Moon Druid can Wildshape as bonus action.

Last edited:

Actually you'd be supporting Zeth who is casting burning hands (14 dmg). And the damage may be low, but that will kick total fire damage up to 16, which lowers the DC for Russet by 1 more...

Base Save DC for Russet is 15
-4 dc for 16 fire damage total
-2 dc for Aric in bear form helping brace the sled

Total Strength Save DC 9 @domminniti

Wait a minute @Steve Gorak - you only have one round to prepare, and you're taking 2 Actions - entangle and Wild Shape. For some reason I was remembering Wild Shape as a bonus action, but just double checked and I was wrong. So I'm pretty sure you'd need to choose one or the other?
I'm pretty sure Aric is a Moon Druid so wild shape is a bonus action for them.

Remove ads