• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC for Arador's LotR Game

garyh

First Post
Hi!!

I'm trying to get a Lord of the Rings game together to play the official game from Decipher, and I have six players assembled from this recruitment thread.

But we still need a Narrator!! Is anyone here interested in running this game? Arador stepped up!! Thanks, Arador!

Here's the roster as it stands:

Narrator: Arador
Player 1: Garyh
Player 2: ColonelHardisson
Player 3: Doug Justice
Player 4: rangerjohn
Player 5: Darth Ecks
Player 6: mirthcard

We may end up with more players (or even fewer) depending upon what the future Narrator wants to do. But as for now, I'll hold off on adding more players to the list.

Last edited:

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Copy Cat!

Hey!

I thought I was the only one allowed to start a non d20 game thread only to be overrun by players and spend the next week begging for somebody to actually run the game.

:p ;)

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
I ran Merp/Rolemaster for 9 years, and I am working on a D20 Middle Earth, but Decipher?
Blech, BAD GARYH,BAD!!!

Sorry.

garyh

First Post
Re: Copy Cat!

Ashrem Bayle said:
Hey!

I thought I was the only one allowed to start a non d20 game thread only to be overrun by players and spend the next week begging for somebody to actually run the game.

:p ;)

Hey, if you'll look at a post I made in your Vampire thread, I actually asked if non-d20 gaming was okay with the intention of getting the LotR game together before you started your thread. ;)

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Uriel_fire_of_Heaven said:
I ran Merp/Rolemaster for 9 years, and I am working on a D20 Middle Earth, but Decipher?
Blech, BAD GARYH,BAD!!!

Sorry.

Do yourself a favor, Uriel, and check out ENWorld's ME d20 site. And if you run a ME d20 game on the boards, count me in. :)

As for Decipher, well, the game system seems good to me, but I'll admit I haven't played it yet.

BTW - My first ever pen and paper RPG experience was MERP. Still have the stuff. :)

EDIT: Uriel - and anyone else interested in Decipher's game - I HIGHLY recommend you read ENWorld's own Tolkien guru ColonelHardisson's review of the LotR game.

Last edited:

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Ha! But I beat you to it. I'm the original rebel and you are but a flawed clone.

:D

Seriosly though. I hope this game has better luck than our Vampire game. I'm starting to give up.

[Pimp]If anyone who reads this thread is interested in Storytelling a Vampire game, please click here.[/Pimp]

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Well, I LITERALLY have every MERP/RM Middle earth module they ever put out.
I must admit, I miss ME. Perhaps I will run one soon, but I'm about to launch 2 more Under a Vaulted Sky Adventures.
When/if I do run one, it will make extensive use of the I.C.E. modules, and be set in the year 1640 T.A.

garyh

First Post
Uriel_fire_of_Heaven said:
Well, I LITERALLY have every MERP/RM Middle earth module they ever put out.
I must admit, I miss ME. Perhaps I will run one soon, but I'm about to launch 2 more Under a Vaulted Sky Adventures.
When/if I do run one, it will make extensive use of the I.C.E. modules, and be set in the year 1640 T.A.

I just have the red boxed set and the combined Mirkwood (North + South) book. They're pretty well done, though.

[unsubtle]You sound like someone with EXACTLY the knowledge and experience to run this game, Uriel.[/unsubtle] ;)

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
ACH!!!!! He's trying to get me to run another game and become one of HIM!!!!
I will not be involved in your 'Must play everything possible' Disease!!!
:D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads