• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New D&D: Age of theThree

Jemal

Adventurer
By "Standard start equpiment fromt he PH" do you mean we start with the same equipment/gold we would have if we were 1st lvl characters? Or do we get the 2,700 GP for lvl 3?

Kang

First Post
ANSWERS IN REVERSE ORDER (LAST TO FIRST):

- Same equipment as if you were 1st level.

- I would prefer non-evil, but do what you want on that regard (as long as we are clear you will be fighting AGAINST the evil empire.

- Post characters to the new thread "AOT Gallery"

- Fighter is good.

- Druid would be good to see.

- It will be good to see one of Othinn's followers around.

- I would prefer to see only humans, dwarves and half-elves/orcs for a while, Mr. Dog.

All the PCs will be military officers, does that mean that they have to take the Leadership feat almost as soon as they qualify for it?

Last edited:

Kang

First Post
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate the leadership feat!!!

I would never have anyone use it, In fact I forbid it!

That feat takes what should be the providence of the player and the Dm (deciding who will follow you and why), and makes it a simple matter of game mechanics! Lead your men with honour, and they will follow you into hell. Lead them poorly, and they may kill you in your sleep. Anyone familiar with the 1st ed. AD&D reaction mods will understand what I mean (or so I hope).

Kang

First Post
Clarifications

just to be sure that everyone knows what's going on:

for equipment, you have 2 choices: a) take the 1st level starting gold for your class, and pay for your equipment, or b) take the standard starting package provided in the ph for your equipment.

Each player must choose which of the 3 resistant Lords he will follow.

1. Langois, Assassin Lord
-Famous for his diplomatic Corps, this Lord relies most heavily on Bards and Rogues, with a reasonable number of Wizards and Rangers mixed in. He prefers to have conflicts resolved by discussion, but those who refuse his entreaties have been known to disappear. Those who choose to serve Langois gain the skills Spot, Listen, Move Silently, and Hide as class skills.

2. Matteo, Grand Master of the Four Winds
-This Lord started his career as a fist fighter in the pits. Now he commands thousands of empty-handed but well armed warriors. Those who serve this man gain the improved unarmed strike and stunning attack feats.

3. Varrus, Cavalry Master
-Famous for his massed Cavalry tactics, this Lord relies almost exclusively on Fighters, who attack while mounted on excellent warhorses. Varrus is also credited with the invention of the exotic weapon called the Bladestaff (double weapon, 1d8/1d8, crit x3, 18lb, no reach). Those who choose to follow Varrus who take the exotic weapon feat for the Bladestaff become specialized in it's use (whether they are fighters or not) at fourth level.

Any class can follow any of the Lords. It does not matter in any manner other than those I stated above which Lord you choose. I repeat that any class can serve any of the Lords. Clerics especially make it a point to serve whichever of the masters suit them best, not based on a choice by their order.

Wippit Guud

First Post
Well, I'll pick picking Leader #3, but.... can I take something a little different than a horse? Horses are just so limiting to a druid...

Haven't used OA for a while, so I will make a human samurai(/hida defender), if that’s okay. I guess its warlord 2 for now.

How do we determine the 1st level starting wealth?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads