Nerd Immersion interviews Kyle Brink

No matter how you slice it, it's going to be much more rushed than if they had released them on time. No matter how much or little is/was going to be in the packets, we are going to have less time to playtest and figure out what we like and dislike about it.
Sure, but the playtest is just gravy really. It is not needed IMO. We are still talking about a longer playtest than we got for PF2 and for much, much smaller changes

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Sure, but the playtest is just gravy really. It is not needed IMO. We are still talking about a longer playtest than we got for PF2 and for much, much smaller changes
And for context, they have up to 22 months till release, depending on when in 2024 they plan to drop (the Holidays are perfectly reasonable for a major release, honestly). They still have time to test their ideas.

And for context, they have up to 22 months till release, depending on when in 2024 they plan to drop (the Holidays are perfectly reasonable for a major release, honestly). They still have time to test their ideas.
I do feel like they want to get it out mid year though. Not sure what I feel that, but maybe things will be pushed back a bit now, and I would be fine with that.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
If that's true, then the playtest is nothing more than an insult.

WotC: "Let's give them a playtest and let them feel like what they want matters, but we don't actually need a playtest since we know what we want to do anyway."

Some time later...

WotC: "Crap! We've missed two packet releases and are behind "schedule." We'll have to cut their playtest time and now they'll figure out that what they say or do doesn't really matter since everything is still going to be proceeding forward normally. Oh, well."

I mean, what we say or do either matters or it doesn't. If it matters then this shortening is going to hurt that. If it doesn't then we shouldn't be playtesting in the first place.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
This interview really cements my dislike of Nerd Immersion, frankly.

Like, first, you’re not special enough to be on any “black list”, bud. You report on other people’s leaks. Big deal.

Beyond that, his commentary was so full of over-analysis and just blatantly not hearing what Brink was saying that my wife was yelling snark at the TV by the end.

Ginny Di’s video had similar issues, but not nearly as bad. Ted just flat out invented wild interpretations of things Kyle said, looking for his catchy take.

Between that and the extremely cynical tone of his commentary and atttiude, I’m really disappointed.

doctorbadwolf

If that's true, then the playtest is nothing more than an insult.

WotC: "Let's give them a playtest and let them feel like what they want matters, but we don't actually need a playtest since we know what we want to do anyway."

Some time later...

WotC: "Crap! We've missed two packet releases and are behind "schedule." We'll have to cut their playtest time and now they'll figure out that what they say or do doesn't really matter since everything is still going to be proceeding forward normally. Oh, well."

I mean, what we say or do either matters or it doesn't. If it matters then this shortening is going to hurt that. If it doesn't then we shouldn't be playtesting in the first place.
Or, it matter, and a few denser playtest packets isn’t the end of the world. 🤷‍♂️

doctorbadwolf

Right. It's going to be rushed and not as well tested. Not the end of the world, but not the nothing that others in this thread are implying with their responses to me.
Eh, I don’t think that this qualifies as rushed by any but the most literal possible usage of the word. Ie, such a minor rush that I just can’t find the energy to care.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Right. It's going to be rushed and not as well tested. Not the end of the world, but not the nothing that others in this thread are implying with their responses to me.
The UA playtest is a taste test, not a rigorous playtest. If theybput out a packet with 7 new Subclasses instead of 3-4, that will be "rushed" compared to doing them in 2 packets, but the point of UA is to day "do you like thie?" not hard test the numbers. They have a private network to do that part, amd no indication that is delayed.

Remove ads