• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Neceros' Landscape Character Record Sheet

What type of Character Sheet do you use?

• Portrait

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Landscape

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • I build my own

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • Other: Check reply

Votes: 3 3.2%

neceros

Adventurer
Neceros' D&D 4e Landscape Character Sheet

Hello everyone,

After some gleaning into the blurry picture that is the WoTC landscape character sheet a while back, I decided to create this little version of my own. As normal, these sheets aren't final until I can see the rules in my hands.

Please let me know what you think. Download it from the link above -- you don't need an account on my site.

Happy Gaming!

Last edited:

Irda Ranger

First Post
Right now I use a "stat block" for my character that looks mostly like an MM entry. It's typed in Word using 10 pt font and only takes up less than half a page's left column. It's compact and leaves lots of room for the session's quest notes on the right.

neceros

Adventurer
Irda Ranger said:
Right now I use a "stat block" for my character that looks mostly like an MM entry. It's typed in Word using 10 pt font and only takes up less than half a page's left column. It's compact and leaves lots of room for the session's quest notes on the right.
I like to do this, as well, when I have time on my computer. If I'm just gaming at someone's house, I usually need to use a character sheet.

Cirex

First Post
Good (and very fast) job!

(I like the Landscape sheets for 4e, may try to make one for 3.5 too).

Last edited:

Belorin

Explorer
For my 3.5 games we all use HeroForge so that would be portrait.
For 4E HF is planning on a whole new Forge. I would like a choice of both portrait or landscape with that.
Till then I'll use neceros' sheets or WotC's if they are photocopyablle.

Bel

neceros

Adventurer
Belorin said:
For my 3.5 games we all use HeroForge so that would be portrait.
For 4E HF is planning on a whole new Forge. I would like a choice of both portrait or landscape with that.
Till then I'll use neceros' sheets or WotC's if they are photocopyablle.

Bel
Interesting. I hadn't heard of HeroForge before now. Unfortunately, I have a deadly allergy to excel sheets.

PeelSeel2

Explorer
The black of the headers tends to dominate the page. I would tend to lower them to a dark grey. Other than that, I love the layout!

RandomCitizenX

First Post
I am starting to prefer the landscape sheets just due to the way our game table is set up. With our mat in the center, landscape sheets give the players enough room for their sheet to lay out on the table.

Irda Ranger

First Post
Question for Neceros (or anyone with the right skills, really):

Looking at this character sheet (which is really nice), I see lots of fields that are necessary to create a number (such as Int mod, 1/2 level, etc.), but which are not necessary in play. How hard would it be to create a 2-page sheet where the first page is inputs (looks just like this one) but the second page is a condensed version with just the numbers you need at the table? You could save A LOT of space this way on the second page, leaving room for random notes and sketches.

If it was a form-fillable sheet with some simple calculators to add in numbers, the second page sheet could auto-fill in as you fill in the first page one.

Thoughts?

neceros

Adventurer
It wouldn't be hard. All you would need to do is visualize what you want to design, but I'm not sure exactly what that is.

I'd be easy to implement a smaller sheet with just the necessary numbers for easy glance. Theoretically, that's what proper design is supposed to do, anyhow. Even though it's a big sheet, if done right (And I'm not claiming anything) the numbers will pop out at you when you need them.

With this sheet it was much more easy to design a modular page. Essentially, Non combat slides together on the left. Defenses and Resistances in a column, then offenses in another. A couple design philosophies forced me to build around that, for instance my offense section spans two columns. Otherwise, it's easy to track across the page once you get used to it.

Trust me: I had to rewire my brain to figure out that skills don't have to go on the right and abilities don't have to come first. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads