• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Modern Soap Opera - Volunteers wanted

Dalamar

Adventurer
Hey Kit, can my char know you from back at law school and 'drop by' at the beginning of the soap? And no, I don't mean knowing her that way. ;)

KitanaVorr

First Post
Dalamar said:
Hey Kit, can my char know you from back at law school and 'drop by' at the beginning of the soap? And no, I don't mean knowing her that way. ;)

That's fine! Just got to work out the specifics...and BTW...I have no problems with being bisexual...

also...lol if you married/divorced Rei...I'll be she got the best part of the bargin being the unscrupulous lawyer that she is

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
KitanaVorr said:
That's fine! Just got to work out the specifics...and BTW...I have no problems with being bisexual...
:rolleyes: Now, is the second part targeted at my question? I got a bit confused as it as almost in the same sentence. ;)

Okay, typical soap way of meeting: I used to date the best friend of your roommate's sister, so I got to know you too. Sound good?

KitanaVorr

First Post
Dalamar said:
:rolleyes: Now, is the second part targeted at my question? I got a bit confused as it as almost in the same sentence. ;)

Okay, typical soap way of meeting: I used to date the best friend of your roommate's sister, so I got to know you too. Sound good?

ROFL...sounds totally convoluted...so its perfect! So let's set the basic premise...did we not like each other? It could be that. Perhaps Rei wanted to have a go at the roommates sister and stole her away from you...muahahaha....and then tossed her aside.

ohhh the plots...and it hasn't even started yet!

Dalamar

Adventurer
KitanaVorr said:
did we not like each other? It could be that.
I thought that we did and I was in need of a job and that's why I came to bunk at your place for a time.
Perhaps Rei wanted to have a go at the roommates sister and stole her away from you...muahahaha....and then tossed her aside.
No, you forgot 'the best friend of' from there. ;)
ohhh the plots...and it hasn't even started yet!
Indeed.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Good start ;)

now if everyone has a bio posted in the bio thread...we could get started on the madness with Tonguez's direction!

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
I'm ready for some soap opera fun! :) but I think I'm still confused as to how exactly characters are created. Levels, picking skills, etc. Should we pick levels and skills that make sense for the character we chose? It would be kind of silly to have adults and teens with same skill level.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
KitanaVorr said:
I'm ready for some soap opera fun! :) but I think I'm still confused as to how exactly characters are created. Levels, picking skills, etc. Should we pick levels and skills that make sense for the character we chose? It would be kind of silly to have adults and teens with same skill level.

Okay to keep myself (and everyone else) sane I suggest that EVERYONE create a character at Level 2. I beleive that the issue of Teens vs Adults is addressed through the Age prereq for Occupations (eg a White Collar worker (Lawyer) has a Age prereq of 23.

However I will allow 1 bonus feat for characters aged over 25, 50 and 75

So the Character Design Process is

1. Chose a Name and 'concept'

2. Decide how the Character is 'connected' to the Family

3. Choose 3 'Core Character Traits' (Alleigances) - this defines the characters personality (eg Ambitious, Manipulative, Rich)

4. Determine you Major Goal (eg to Takeover control of Banking)

5. Determine your Secret (email me ngaiterangi@hotmail.com)

6. Build a Character at Level 2 (28 pt buy)
6a. Choose an appropriate Occupation Background
6b. Choose Skills that will help in a Soap Opera (ie more mind games than combat)

* Remember
All characters begin with 5 AP (regardless of Level)
All characters gain Wealth +2
All Characters should be connected somehow

Remove ads