• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Long Island GameDay Fall 2009

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Long Island Gameday Fall 2009 Info

It's time to start the real planning of the LIG that will take place in North Babylon, NY from September 11 - 13th. We can use this forum to get things quickly and clearly in place.

Here is what will happen:
On Saturday we'll have two slots - 10am - 2pm and 3pm - 7 or 8pm. Saturday night can be a longer slot if needed. We can fit up to three games a slot, although two would be perfect leaving the living room for card games / Rock Band / movies / socializing. This time of year the weather is nice and we have a gazebo out back so conceivably we could run an additional game out there.

Sunday we think one slot would be best so those who have to leave to travel home can still get a game in. If people do want to stay late, we're totally open to another game slot. Otherwise we'll say 10 or 11am - 2 or 3 pm again.

Breakfast we can do bagels & donuts. Lunch will be get your own - we are literally 2 minutes down the road from every fast food place in our area. We'll probably make one big order somewhere (pizza or Chinese) if you'd rather stay in. We'll be cooking up something for dinner here and after that it'll be party games / Rock Band / board gaming marathon. It's pretty open right now. Yes, it's pretty late for dinner but we'll be snacking all day so I think we'll be okay. Normally we have pizza / hero sandwich on Friday night and this time of year BBQ on Saturday night - though we may go with something less time intensive for cooking. Last year we asked for a $40 donation per person and that covered everyone's for for the entire weekend and it seemed to go over well. We'd never turn away anyone for not having $40 but seems reasonable for 2 days worth of food. If you can't contribute $40 then just give what you can. We'd rather have you here! As always, food is still TBD and will have it's own thread.

If you want to run a game, feel free to start a thread with day and time you want to run your game with a description and what the requirements are. If you could also include what your table needs are I can assign a spot to you.

Any general questions can go here or feel free to start a new thread. We're open to suggestions and want the weekend to run smoothly. Please let us know if you plan on attending and check back regularly to look for new games to sign up for!

edit: Yes, I cheated and copied from last gameday... again!! :p

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Should we post a thread out in the main forum to attract attention? Or are we happy with the amount of people we usually have? I have posted out there before and people say they will come but we really don't get many new people.

Don't know, NYC / Long Island gamers are shy I guess! :p

Dire Wolf

First Post
I vote for trying a thread out in the public area to attract some more local attention. We can always fit more locals and maybe we'll get some cool folks!

John Crichton

First Post
I need to starting thinking about what to run this time. I believe I've run everything I've created to date for this crew already. I wonder if anyone would be interested in a sequel to the "Escape from the Cronus." I kinda want to run HEX again but I'm already running that at Boston Gameday three weeks earlier. I could run Savage Worlds as I'll finally have the book soon.

I should watch a few movies for inspiration.

Hmm...

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I just don't know what I am jonesing for. Chronus was really fun, I'd play that again. I also love a good Western or Victorian drama. But really I just love to see everyone so I don't care what I play. I end up missing half my games anyway to get people at the train!

Of course, if madwabbit gets off his arse he's going to run his Princess Bride game like he promised. RIGHT TOM??? :rant:

John Crichton

First Post
I just don't know what I am jonesing for. Chronus was really fun, I'd play that again. I also love a good Western or Victorian drama. But really I just love to see everyone so I don't care what I play. I end up missing half my games anyway to get people at the train!

Of course, if madwabbit gets off his arse he's going to run his Princess Bride game like he promised. RIGHT TOM??? :rant:
Heheh, the vaporgame.

At this very moment, I just looked through a bunch of really awesome superhero art so I'm on a little of a supers kick. Although I'm not really in the mood to run the Shazbot game again. So that means coming up with a new hook.

I could try my hand at Star Wars SAGA edition. I do love me some Star Wars...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads