• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(LHHS) [Mini-Game] (OOC: Thread I): Gruegel Mountain: Kobold Empire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
enjoy!

Kyp son of Yip Leader of the (and it goes on forever...)

Kobold ranger level 1 alignment: lawful Evil
Str: 10, Dex: 14, con: 12, Int: 10, Wis: 11, Cha: 10
Hits: 11
BAB: +1 (+1/+3) Fort: +3, Ref: +2, Will: 0
AC: 14 (+2 Dex, +1 natural, +1 size)
Feat: Improved initiative (+6 total)
Favored Enemy: Goblinoids
Skills
Wilderness lore: +4
Rope use: +6
hide: +10
move silently: +6

Equipment:
Club [0]
Dagger: off hand [2gp]
Sack [1sp]
Water skin [1gp]
Rope: 50’ [1gp]
2 days rations [1gp]
10 flasks of oil (Molotov Cocktails) [1gp]
Flint and steel [1gp]

Background:
Kyp slaughtered his brothers and sisters in order to be the next chief of his clan.
He is devious and backstabbing and just a wonderful Kobold. Not one of those wussy “Lets stab them with our spears” Kobolds but a “let me slit their throats while they hear their babies scream” kind of Kobold. He would have made his mother proud if he hadn’t killed and eaten her.

Last edited:

Cream you might wanna recheck my PC. The added familiar changed a few things, and I downed my str and dex by 2 points and added +2 to cha.

And I'd like to know what you think of that Draconic bloodline thingy feat thing and if we're stickign with 1 feat or not (Prolly yes but anyway.)

Nice Argent, I like him already! *wink wink*

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Wicked Giggles?

Hey TFO, I think we're using Alchemy for Craft: Drugs/Poison. I've got a list of my own alchemical ingrediants... based on the video game that inspired most of my modifications in this campaign world. I'll try and get it up.

And Kyp looks good.

If you get them up I'll just change Profession (Herbalist) to Alchemy then... As soon as I can take a look at them.

But which knowledge skill do I have to keep for the purpose of finding the neccessary ingredients from the surrounding hillsides and forest? Still Knowledge (Herbs) or...?

Creamsteak

Explorer
The Forsaken One said:
Cream you might wanna recheck my PC. The added familiar changed a few things, and I downed my str and dex by 2 points and added +2 to cha.

And I'd like to know what you think of that Draconic bloodline thingy feat thing and if we're stickign with 1 feat or not (Prolly yes but anyway.)

Nice Argent, I like him already! *wink wink*

I'm fine with Draconic Bloodline, and maybe some other feats from the netbook. I had an out-dated copy a while ago, and although some of the feats make no sense, it's relatively well done. One feat I remember disliking was "Armor Specialization" which gave you a +1 dodge bonus in a specific armor. I had a problem with that because I couldn't figure out how you could dodge better wearing full plate than wearing no armor... but had they made it a +1 Something else bonus it would have been fine.

We are sticking with 1 feat.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The Forsaken One said:
If you get them up I'll just change Profession (Herbalist) to Alchemy then... As soon as I can take a look at them.

But which knowledge skill do I have to keep for the purpose of finding the neccessary ingredients from the surrounding hillsides and forest? Still Knowledge (Herbs) or...?

I'm still thinking that it would be Knowledge (Nature), Alchemy, Profession (Herbalist), and Craft (Poison) as the four different applicable skills.

Creamsteak

Explorer
There are four properties for every type of alchemical ingrediant. Each property can be unlocked by using one of the four standard Alchemy Tools. These items can be bought as an Alchemists Lab. A Masterwork set can be bought at it's price as well. +1 Costs 1000 more, +2 Costs 4000 more, and so on.

Mortar & Pestle
Retort
Calcinator
Alembic

Finally, the list of items is included in .doc format. Each of the four properties is listed.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Alright, I think I've got my decision.

Alchemy can be used to make poisons, antidotes, cures, and anything else that can be made with a specific application skill. All Alchemy applications to make something that is not normally made with an alchemy check (like poison) has a DC 5 higher than usual.

Craft (Poison/Drugs) is a specific application skill, so the DC is normal when making these items, but you can't make other items with this skill at all.

Profession (Herbalist) is for items that function as the opposite of poison. This is another specific application skill.

Knowledge (Nature) is the skill required in order to identify all of these items you need at their normal DC, otherwise the DC is 5 higher.

That should summarize it.

Ok cream, looks good to me. I'll finish the skills now and finish it up with that last edit!

[Btw the bat seems even more powerfull then a toad or am I mistaken?]

Hmm can I switch the Profession (Miner) +2 for the Herbalist? Would be nice... :rolleyes:

And when are we planning to get this started? I'm soo looking forward to this.

[EDIT: You can take the recruiting out of the thread name.]

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads