• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Latest JLU -spoilers

DonTadow

First Post
Ohhh whew....I forgot that I missed Saturday's episode. I thought the series ended with Lex at the doorstep of the Justice League. Now that I got my friend's DVD tivo copy, I am a bit happier that the series ended there. Kinda reminded me of the series finale of Angel. HOpefully, they will pull a teen titans and do a special somewhere down the line. I am just not pysched by this future hero replacement. Part of the fun of comic books is that they are always representing the current era.

Darthjaye

First Post
DonTadow said:
Ohhh whew....I forgot that I missed Saturday's episode. I thought the series ended with Lex at the doorstep of the Justice League. Now that I got my friend's DVD tivo copy, I am a bit happier that the series ended there. Kinda reminded me of the series finale of Angel. HOpefully, they will pull a teen titans and do a special somewhere down the line. I am just not pysched by this future hero replacement. Part of the fun of comic books is that they are always representing the current era.

I'd be more psyched about it if they would use the storyline they had for the future group. They went through the effort of setting it up by placing Supergirl there in the series, and then they go and say, "we're making a new series about the Legion, but we're going with a different approach, and we're using the crapy animation we used for Teen Titans (one hopes the really stupid over-exaggerrated reactions that they kept doing with TT will not be incorporated in this series as well) as well as changing the lead character to Superboy." Really dissappointed at what I've seen thus far from the upcoming series. I'll check out the first episode, but I get the feeling I won't be watching it after that.

Klaus

First Post
The producers of LoSH said the series is NOT manga influenced, so hopefully this means no giant heads and stuff.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Villano said:
Here's a link with some pics from the new series. As you can see, it looks more "Teen Titans" than "JLU":

http://www.legionsofgotham.org/LOSH

Actually, they describe it as looking more like Clone Wars. I love the Legion (well, not the current comic version), but I don't know if I could watch this series if it looked like that. Am I the only one who thinks Genndy Tartakovsky's designs are ugly? The character designer on LoSH is Derrick J. Wyatt, the same one from TT, so I'm hoping it isn't too "Genndy Tartakovsky-ish".

UGH! That looks terrible. Too Tean Titanish for my tastes.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Darthjaye said:
I'd be more psyched about it if they would use the storyline they had for the future group. They went through the effort of setting it up by placing Supergirl there in the series, and then they go and say, "we're making a new series about the Legion, but we're going with a different approach, and we're using the crapy animation we used for Teen Titans (one hopes the really stupid over-exaggerrated reactions that they kept doing with TT will not be incorporated in this series as well) as well as changing the lead character to Superboy."

Who's this 'we' you're talking about? Different people are working on this. Why would you expect them to follow something a different show created? And Superboy was associated with the Legion for several decades before Johnny-come-lately Supergirl. He was their original reason for being around.

Klaus

First Post
WayneLigon said:
Who's this 'we' you're talking about? Different people are working on this. Why would you expect them to follow something a different show created? And Superboy was associated with the Legion for several decades before Johnny-come-lately Supergirl. He was their original reason for being around.
But it does come down to "right hand not knowing what left hand is doing". Having a Supergirl and the LoSH cartoon would mesh well with the Supergirl & LoSH comic book. Having Superboy there and having no Superboy (okay, a dead one and a raving lunatic one from another dimension) in the comics (specially with the recent Superboy-belongs-to-Shuster court decision) smells like a bad business decision. Add to that the fact that a show with Supergirl as the main character could bring in young girls as an audience without losing boys (who could root for all-new male heroes, like Lightning Lad, Timber "I'm a shifter" Wolf and Bouncing Boy).

Make no mistake, I *will* watch the show (at least for a while -- it can't be as atrocious as Loonatics Unleashed), it's just that the decisions made seem bad from a business POV (ditto with ending JLU).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads