• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Latest JLU -spoilers

buzzard

First Post
So what is the general consensus as to what happened is that the end of Lex and Darkseid or are they in for a lot of trouble with the bad guys having the anti-life equation?

As upbeat as the ending was, I cannot imagine Lex having that equation to be a good thing.

buzzard

buzzard said:
So what is the general consensus as to what happened is that the end of Lex and Darkseid or are they in for a lot of trouble with the bad guys having the anti-life equation?

I'm sure they are in a lot of trouble. But thanks to the brilliance of Cartoon Network's management, we'll never get to see any of it. :(

WayneLigon

Adventurer
buzzard said:
As upbeat as the ending was, I cannot imagine Lex having that equation to be a good thing.

As they've noted, the series is over. I'm just not thinking we'll see it again, though maybe a movie or two. They did it with Superman, but that's mainly because they hope to ride the wave of Superman Returns.

I'm thinking if Luthor got that from the Source Wall, using it or attempting to use it chained them both there along with the other Promethean Giants (the big freaky faces you see in the wall).

An interesting thing: Metron says it would take a 12th level intelligence to survive a journey into the Source Wall. Only Brainiac himself has a 12th level intelligence. Luthor, as intelligent as he is, might not be capable of that. So... Brainiac might have still been a part of Luthor at that point. Maybe the movie will have something to do with this, but I doubt it.

Klaus

First Post
Backpedalling a bit:

How cool was Superman laying the smackdown on Darkseid, saying "You? You can handle..."!

The Serge

First Post
Yeah, that was pretty awesome. Bringing Darkseid back at the end was a great move. The fact that he was still kicking Superman's butt was consistent with the overall approach in the comics.

It's ashame that they ended the series. I really enjoyed the run, though. I think that the challenge they faced was the growing prevalence of anime on Saturday evenings. A lot of folks, particularly younger viewers, like that stuff (I'd like it more if the story lines didn't drag and if there wasn't this focus on 12 year olds fighting).

JoelF

First Post
Well, in the fall there will be the League of Superheroes starting up on the new Saturday morning lineup of the CW network, with the set up in the last few episodes of JLU when Supergirl joined up with them.

Klaus

First Post
JoelF said:
Well, in the fall there will be the League of Superheroes starting up on the new Saturday morning lineup of the CW network, with the set up in the last few episodes of JLU when Supergirl joined up with them.
No, not really.

In the LoSH show, the Legion travels back in time to enlist the greatest hero of all, Superman. But they miscalculate (dammit, Brainy!) and go too far into the past. So now they enlist Superboy, who goes to the future to join the Legion.

The bad business notion is that JLU toys and apparel was selling a lot...

Villano

First Post
I thought the episode was great right up until the end. I didn't like the climax at all. As I was watching it, I remember thinking, "Boy, I bet Lex wishes he kept that 'Anti-Superpower Gun'", and then Lex shows up with the Anti-Life Equation.

This was one of my complaints about Justice League; they set up a story, but the ending comes out of nowhere. Granted, Darkseid has a history with the Anti-Life Equation, but, within this story, it was Luthor and his Anti-Superpower Ray Gun all over again. Plus, the ending not only doesn't make sense to people unfamiliar with Darkseid, those that do know him know that he's looking for the Anti-Life Equation. You don't give it to him!

I would have been happier if Luthor had Boom Tubed Darkseid to the Source, ending with Darkseid as part of the wall.

Klaus said:
In the LoSH show, the Legion travels back in time to enlist the greatest hero of all, Superman. But they miscalculate (dammit, Brainy!) and go too far into the past. So now they enlist Superboy, who goes to the future to join the Legion.

The bad business notion is that JLU toys and apparel was selling a lot...

Here's a link with some pics from the new series. As you can see, it looks more "Teen Titans" than "JLU":

http://www.legionsofgotham.org/LOSH

Actually, they describe it as looking more like Clone Wars. I love the Legion (well, not the current comic version), but I don't know if I could watch this series if it looked like that. Am I the only one who thinks Genndy Tartakovsky's designs are ugly? The character designer on LoSH is Derrick J. Wyatt, the same one from TT, so I'm hoping it isn't too "Genndy Tartakovsky-ish".

Klaus

First Post
There's always the possibility of The Great Darkness Saga, eh?

Mordru, the Legion of Supervillains and the Sun Eater should be possible foes, along with the Fatal Five.

Remove ads