Job System Early Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
Jdvn1 said:
Would you prefer a Skill Focus (Craft) to be required?

I think just a minemum of ranks.

Remember, the reward depends on how many ranks you have, so make it not so hard to do, but more rewarding when you spend more for it.

Perhaps count skill focus towards ranks.

Xael

First Post
I like it. Just add Council Member to the list. ;)

The Magecrafter adds the first option of gaining crafts points outside the leveling and feat system, which I like very much.

Bront

The man with the probe
Laborer
Description: A menial labor job such as moving building materials, shoveling stables, helping in the fields, etc.
Requirements: Combined strength and con of 23 or more.
gp/week: 1
Special Payment: 5 (or 10) xp/week. Laboring can be a life building experience.
Special: ???

How's this? Doesn't pay much, but you get valuable "Life Experience" ;)

lonesoldier

First Post
Good with me.

Bounty Hunter, Duelist, Spy and other such occupations are meant for active roleplaying. Also I feel occupations like "Mob Enforcer" are too narrow. Perhaps something like:

Enforcer:
Description: You ensure that the law is followed, the law of your employer that is.
Requirements: 4 Ranks in Intimidate, and 4 Ranks in Bluff or Sense Motive
Gp/week: 5
Special: Some bonus to intimidate people perhaps?

Gladiator:
Description: You know how to fight without harming, it's more of an art form than combat.
Requirements: 4 ranks in Perform(Martial), Ablility to (proficiently) wield an exotic melee weapon.
Special: +3 gold by making a Perform(Martial) check against DC 15.

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
I'm concerned that the money is too much on the craftsman example, esp since that is before special commissions.
Ah, my mistake - it should be half that number.

If you do not mind I will try and fill things out.
I certainly don't mind - that's why I posted this. Of course, there may be changes to your material before it's added.

Meaning no disrespect to the board leaders here, but is there a reason we might not just use the income system from the SRD?
A few reasons. For one, we cannot really use in-game time, though we should base payments on the in-game time. That's what I did with the Craftsman example. Also, we've needed some ways to grant more craft points, which the Craftsman and the Magecrafter both provide.

Why the "At least 1 skill must be maximum ranks"? Seems to me that if the pay scales by how much your skill is, then it shouldn't matter if you were maxed or not, only that you have at least the minemum skill.
I was not sure if I should include it. It is meant as a sign that the character is dedicated enough to his craft.

I like it. Just add Council Member to the list.
wink.gif
*points to Orussus Council Member*
Already in. ;)

How's this? Doesn't pay much, but you get valuable "Life Experience"
wink.gif
Interesting interpretation. My own idea was that Laborer is the job you have if you don't have another job, so to speak. Isn't too hard to qualify, though.

Bounty Hunter, Duelist, Spy and other such occupations are meant for active roleplaying.
Indeed, as I said myself. I only kept them for now as they were named in the brainstorm.

Knight Otu

First Post
Once the job system is approved,

Pick one that you qualify for, note it on your character sheet, notify a judge. I'm not yet sure if special threads should be used, but if we do, start the thread if necessary.

At least that is currently my idea.

Bront

The man with the probe
Bar Maid/Bar Tender/Inkeeper
Description: You handle the most important task of all, making sure food and drink arive to your customers.
Requirements: Int 10+ (need to be able to sort out who gets what and remember it)
gp/week: 1/player actively waiting in the Inn that week (IE, number of players who post that week in the inn)
Special Payment: The hearty thanks of your fellow adventurers. Also, a +4 bonus to any gather information rolls durring that week.

How's this? I like making it active players, and I don't think it would be too bad.

Pickpocket
Description: You remove excess baggage from other townsfolk
Requirements: Slight of Hand 4 ranks, and either Hide, Move Silently, or Bluff at 4 ranks.
gp/week: Slight of Hand ranks in GP. The rest is paid to the thieves guild to keep the guards off you.
Special Payment: You can instead gain an item weighing up to 1 pound that costs up to double your Slight of Hand bonus, as allowable by a GM.

Just a though, especialy since you have mob enforcer.

As far as implimenting it the job system, you could make a weekly Job post, where each week players sign up for a job, and get rewarded at the end of the week. Might be a limit in particular locations on some jobs, being either first come first server or as long as you were doing it last week thing. I see Rheam being tossed around now as the Level 5+ gathering area, which is a good idea and compliments this well. You may want to limit jobs like you limit locations too, one character per player per location can have a job, so you don't get people creating multiple characters simply to have them build wealth by getting jobs.

The post system requires people to actively seek jobs, and prevents the location situation, as described above. It also should make it easier for judges to track each week. You could then have a job rewards stickey that added up what a player has earned at his job(s) over time and tracked it.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
lonesoldier said:
Gladiator:
Description: You know how to fight without harming, it's more of an art form than combat.
Requirements: 4 ranks in Perform(Martial), Ablility to (proficiently) wield an exotic melee weapon.
Special: +3 gold by making a Perform(Martial) check against DC 15.

perform (gladiatorial) has already been aproved, so it would be the key skill. Also, requiring a exotic weapon feat seems both steep and unneccassary. (obviously I'm biased, but requiring a feat was frowned on for a much more lucrative carreer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads