• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) To my friends in the IR

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
William Ronald said:
Darkness, if there is another IR, maybe there could be a recruitment thread in the General RPG forum. There was one before the 3rd IR, and I recall that we got a few good players from it.
Ok; I'll make it possible if need be...
Darkness, I hope you are doing better as I know you have been through a lot of late.
D'oh! I knew I must have forgotten something, considering how turbulent my life was lately (health problems, my aunt's death, catching up in a new class...). :eek:
I'm sorry, William; I really meant to write you back... :(

Creamsteak

Explorer
Zouron, Reprisal, I'm pretty sure about this, but I don't want to interfere:

The Forsaken One and I were two examples of players with extremely low power levels that -to the surprise of many- won wars. You may have missed it when Edena rained 10000 PL of demons on Oerth, but I sure didn't. The game still supported strategy and tactics and all that fun stuff. PL was just a relative measurement, and when you fought against something that was much larger than you, you could still win, so long as you had something. That something could be the motivation of your people, strategy, that super secret defense you've been holding, or your allies you call into the fight.

Serpenteye

First Post
Reprisal said:
Hey all,
I'm a far better Voice than I am a General, so to speak.

It's the other way for me. I'm a far better statesman or general than I am a philosopher.

--

edit: On second thought... that sounded pretty conceited. :rolleyes:. Let's just say that I'm a sucky philosopher.

Last edited:

Gurdjieff

First Post
Didn't 7PL of formiants sent by The Forsaken One take out quite some PL of the demons and such? With his burrowing & earthquaking strategy? Just an example of how little PL can still be very effective :D

Hahaha and then Melkor used his catastrophe on that 8 PL hahahhaha ow man I have never ever laughed as hard as when I read that. He thought I was throwing everything I had at it while it was a mere 8 PL and he used his catastrophe on it wahahahahahah!

And I dunno what I am but I concider myself to be quite a general and I am quite adept at manipulation. 3rd IR is a great example from where I started and how I took on the Taraakians at the end. Man that speech was brilliant and brought alot of people back on my side.. :p

(Ok enough of that ego boosting thing for today :p)

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Darkness,

Don't feel bad for forgetting to write me back. You have been through a lot and have been quite busy.

I would be comfortable with either a rules-based or free-form game.

However, there is no need to rush anything.

Edena,

If you wish, maybe just start thinking about how you might want to approach another IR. Hopefully, the family situation and your health will be stable. If you need any help, or just want to send me an e-mail, contact me at either wronald1@yahoo.com or williamwronald@aol.com

If anyone wants to contact me, feel free. I will soon start to compile a list of maps and other resources for the major published settings. They could be useful to people playing in games on these boards.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena,

Obviously there is no need to rush to start another IR.

Take your time and find a format that works well for you, if you wish to run another IR. What matters most to everyone here is your well being. (I hope the situation at home is going well.)

Remember, there are a lot of different ways to run a game. Fortunately, there are people whom you can run any rules by for advice. As I recall, a few suggestions by players in the 3rd IR also helped to shape some of the rules.

Additionally, many people on the boards are ready to help you as needed. (I had a busy week, so I will take some time to find maps and other resources.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads