• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In search of heroes(Casting call)

Ah lets start simple first, quest for an object, along with a guardian, tavern scene from the start would be good...perhaps a dragon (not a strong one though), also, do you have AIM or MSN?

Deedlit

First Post
I don't have AIM. I have no preference as for adventure, I am just looking forward to defeating some sort of evil. Evil is happening, and this elf wants to stop it. On another note, I have been in contact with Aragorn, but he could not make it to the board today. He is spoken for however. Sollir, are you going to make your choice yet? What about how we will formulate are stats. I think 29 point buy(Would be 28, but we must remember the skill point we gained when we reached level 4). Does anyone know what stat shamans rely on for spellcasting?

Last edited:

I can check the shamans spellcasting later, but my suggestion for ability points is 32 or 34, several of these anime characters are truely epic, and 28-29 pt. buy won't exactly do that, I guess we could make a vote however.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
It may be anime, but before you decide how many points you get, you should decide on the genre of anime, as that will determine quite a bit.

As for the 29 thing - use 28, as the ability score uppage can be put into any stat, and upping stats beyond 14 or so requires at least two points.

I would recommend, however, that you use a different game system for this. If you have heard of BESM, I suggest that you use it. However, it is your game, and you can play it as you wish - just a recommendation. I am personally playing a sentient Mecha who is searching for a soul in an Outlaw Star type game.

As for this game... I may be interested in playing, still. If you require another person, I would be willing to join in. Although, I am uncertain of what character to play... Zel from Slayers Try would be interesting to try, although I'm not entirely sure if I could play him right (I've only ever seen 3 episodes).

The Shaman's casting ability is based off of Wisdom.

Deedlit

First Post
This is an RP for the epic fantasy genre. Though some anime fit it, this was not meant to be a general anime RP(Though I would like to play in one of those. It should be fun seeing how I stack up against mecha)Heck, LotR and Dragonlance characters show up in it. Hope you play.

Last edited:

Nice to know you like Slayers as well Gnomeworks! I'm actually thinking of playing a toned down Xellos character, a few offensive spells but I'd only use them if the group was desperately in trouble...til then I would sit back, do comments and manipulate people like Xellos does... :)

Creamsteak

Explorer
If and when you guys get this thing rolling I may join in... not sure... It would be nice to have something to keep me busy during these SLOW IR turns...

Kalanyr

Explorer
The Characters

7th Level or Equiv
ECL=HD or CR whichever is Higher I may make exceptions on a case by case basis
40 Point Buy (32 seems a little weak for most epic anime characters)

In Books
Forgotten Realms
Oriental Adventures
Manual of the Planes
Magic of Faerun
Monsters of Faerun (if you can find an appropriate hero)
All Splat Books except Masters of the Wild
Psi Handbook
Any 3E Dragon up to February 2002 (as long as you can give me a page number)
Core Books

When I get em these are in
Epic Level Handbook
Masters of the Wild
Dieties & Demigods
Monster Manual II
Dragons March 2002 on
(May add more later)

I will allow other stuff providing I get full details on it and deem it balanced.

I think that covers it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads