• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E IG's "It's a Brand New World" [IC]

pathfinderq1

First Post
J'hanna gives a quick glance at the overgrowth along both sides of the road, then blows out a sharp huffing breath. Without another word, she slings her shield across her back on its carrying strap, then bends to the task of getting the two-horse carriage off to the side of the roadway.

OOC: Proficient in both Animal Handling and land vehicles; Animal Handling is 1d20+3= 14

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
[sblock=ooc]
So I was about to have Garrison roll to help with the animal handling (which would make it a check with advantage?). But when I went to the character sheet, I discovered an inconsistency:

Garrison is listed as being proficient in Investigation, but Animal Handling is highlighted in the skill list. This obviously reflects my own dithering at some point while building the character, that's gone unnoticed until now.

since it's Animal Handling that I want now, I suspect the right thing to do is NOT have him help, and to then make the decision (or have the DM make the decision for me!) between the two. Whatever's decided, Garrison won't help with this maneuver. If he ends up proficient in Animal handling, that's fine, and it can come into effect after this encounter.

Sorry to have caused confusion, for myself at least.

[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
OOC: Garrison can take Animal Handling right now, and even use it to help. Just make the necessary corrections to the character sheet and all is good. As for the road: Imagine a two lane road with overly large speed bumps covering the outer half of each lane, effectively forcing you to the middle of the road. And now someone is coming the other way. Can you drive over the speed bumps? Sure, but it's not going to be pretty. That being said...

Nissa approaches the scarecrow and feels a growing sense of unease. She's able to shake it off, however, and keep her wits about her. Until it flinches.

The thing jolts from its stake and begins to move on its own. A swarm of chitinous insects begins to pour out of the decaying cloth as the scarecrow take a swipe at Nissa. Gronde sees it too, and finally loses control of Clara. More agitated than ever, the cockatrice b-lines straight for the gnome.

"Gronde! Get that thi..." but his words are cut off when Clara pecks at his filthy cheek. "No! What have you done!" Clara begins to run around aimlessly while Gronde gives chase.

[sblock=Initiative]I've taken the liberty of rolling initiative for you, according to your character sheets. If you have an ability that would modify the number listed here, let me know. If you have a problem with me rolling initiative for you, let me know that, too. This just enables us to get into combat now rather than wait for everyone to roll initiative first.

15 Aedon
12 Justice
9 Garrison
7 Scarecrow (In order to save time, all perceived enemies will share an average initiative score.)
7 Insect Swarm
7 Clara
6 Maighan
3 Nissa
1 J'hanna
0 Andert
0 Redis
[/sblock]

sithramir

First Post
"Nissa watch out!" Aedon screams. Hr chants and a ball of fire forms in his hands he sends the orb at the scarecrow.

[roll0]25[roll1]23 total damage

Phoenix8008

First Post
With his shield in one hand and his longsword in the other, Justice tries to stop the cockatrice before anyone else dies.

[sblock=Details]AC 18 with shield active. Hoping to incapacitate, but not kill, the cockatrice. Longsword attack 1d20+5 = 13+5 = 18 to hit cockatrice. Longsword damage is 1d8= 7+3 from STR = 10 damage.[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Garrison is about to help shift the cart when the world turns upside down. Though he hears the ostrich running around, his concern is for Nissa. He strides up, drawing his shortsword as he does so, and swings.

[roll0].

If that's a hit, damage = [roll1] (extra d6 from Sneak attack since Nissa is within 5')

industrygothica

Adventurer
Aedon's spell hits the scarecrow directly and it practically explodes on impact before disintegrating into embers, leaving an eerie man-shaped shadow scorched into the side of the barn.

Justice scores a decent hit on Clara, but it doesn't seem to slow her down

OOC: [MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION], you can redirect your attack to something else if you wish since the scarecrow is already dead. I'll be sure and put two of those in next time. :)

Remove ads