• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Hypothetical 4e Class List

I made a list of of fifteen classes that I think represent a majority of fantasy archetypes. Any glaring ommisions?

Mundane Classes

Barbarian
Fighter
Ranger (no spells)
Rogue
Swashbuckler

Magical Classes

Artificer
Cleric
Sorcerer (spell-like abilities)
Wizard ( "school" and "element" specialties)

Occidental Classes

Bard
Druid
Paladin

Oriental Classes

Monk
Ninja
Samurai

I think you have too many there. Almost all fantasy archetypes can be boiled down to fighter, magicuser/wizard, thief/rogue, and cleric. it's just a matter of window dressing after that.

Crothian

First Post
At the very least the oriental ones can go, they are just other classes with different names. The Monk needs to be redifned to be something hthat can fit more easily in any fantasy setting. Druid I'd also get rid of and just make them part of a cleric.

Agamon

Adventurer
I think it'll follow the d20 Modern basic class list, with an archtype for each attribute and then easy to qualify for PrCs, which will just be named Advanced Classes or somesuch.

Crothian

First Post
Agamon said:
I think it'll follow the d20 Modern basic class list, with an archtype for each attribute and then easy to qualify for PrCs, which will just be named Advanced Classes or somesuch.

only if they rename those classes...... :\

coyote6

Adventurer
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
I think you have too many there. Almost all fantasy archetypes can be boiled down to fighter, magicuser/wizard, thief/rogue, and cleric. it's just a matter of window dressing after that.

I'd go with fighter, spell-user, and rogue, myself.

Remove ads