• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Hopefully D&D 4E will give us feats every level . . .

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Feats are fun. Feats open up a large number of possibilities and really help customize a character.

I want a feat every time I gain a level. I'd happily sacrifice class features for a feat each and every level.

Mayhap Monte and Mike's new book will quench your thirst.

But, in stock D&D, I think you might end up with everyone looking the same. The same feats already get taken over and over again -- I don't know that having more feats would change that. Plus, you'd have to find something to give the fighters to differentiate them, and also deal with power creep.

Feats are fun, though.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Phil -

Have you tried house-ruling and playtesting the every-level feat scenario? I'd be interested in hearing the results!

Mystery Man

First Post
philreed said:
Feats are fun. Feats open up a large number of possibilities and really help customize a character.

I want a feat every time I gain a level. I'd happily sacrifice class features for a feat each and every level.

You were thinking to yourself "There hasn't been any 4E posts lately, let me think of the most rediculous one and see how many people take me seriously, hee hee." or something similar weren't you? :]

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
DaveMage said:
Have you tried house-ruling and playtesting the every-level feat scenario? I'd be interested in hearing the results!

No, I haven't. Someone has to have tried this by now. Maybe we'll get lucky and that someone will share the results. :)

Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Mayhap Monte and Mike's new book will quench your thirst.

Which book is that? They have a new book with feat/level rules?

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Mystery Man said:
You were thinking to yourself "There hasn't been any 4E posts lately, let me think of the most rediculous one and see how many people take me seriously, hee hee." or something similar weren't you? :]

Not at all. I really think a feat each level could make for a fun game.

I haven't yet sat down to actually try to figure out the math, and make sure it all works out. But I firmly believe, at least on a theoretical level, that more feats + more frequent stat bumps + a wider variety of stackable feats would enable someone to run a low-magic-item D&D game without adjusting CRs at all.

What with Iron Lore coming out, however, I see no reason to do all this work myself until I see what it is Mike and Monte have come up with. :)

Yeah, and maybe we can level up on average once every 45 minutes of game play!

I like the idea of feats, but in practice, too many makes for too complicated gameplay for it to be fun anymore. I'd rather have more choices to make fewer times than feats every level.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads