• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

hey, im new...

Janos Audron

Explorer
LOL! Thought you of all people would know Forsaken One...:D

He's 18 male Netherlands (same as me)...

and you?

Well, this is the In Character forum where most posts are, surprise, in character. Home of the famous Industrial Revolutions (the idea is that some people start an Industrial Revolution and how your characters / nations would react to that, but it's just an excuse to destroy as many worlds as possible ;)) and a lot of other PbP games.

reapersaurus

Explorer
The Forsaken One said:
WHOA.
I never thought I'd see those 'words' on EnWorld.

ummm.... this isn't a chat room.
there IS a chat room linked off of the ENWorld homepage.
This is a gaming Board, and this forum specializes in In-Character (or role-playing) discussions.

I think there's an FAQ someplace, and you can really get a sense of a place if you read a little bit before posting.

Creamsteak

Explorer
I have Reaper's back on this one. This is definitely not a chat room, this is a message board. Things here are FORMAL. I don't want to sound like a nizurut or something, but I do want to make the word FORMAL clear to you.

The chat room mentality will only get people agrivated with you. We do abreviations for some things, and I'll help you out with that:

[IC] = In Character
OOC: = Out of Character
[Meta] = Meta-Knowledge
[OT] = Off Topic
Spoiler = Something that could "spoil" a particular module or story for someone
Rant = A (usually long) negative opinion, directed at a subject
Flame = A (usually short) negative opinion, directed at a persons opinion
Troll = A (any sized) statement, made to trigger strong responses from other persons
RttToEE = A module, Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil
LG = Living Greyhawk
BADD = A group of pro-dragon activists that is pretty much gone now
IR = The Industrial Revolution games
GIRA = Gnomish Industrial Revolution Association

And your basic DnD shorts, like PC and NPC.

That should help you at least read some of the foriegn sounding acronyms around here.

Jarval

Explorer
Hi Elleia, welcome to EN World :)

You're in the In Character board at the moment, which, as Janos says, is where some of the board members play D&D on-line.

Other forums worth checking out are:

Creamsteak is overemphasising how formal EN World is, but it is quite removed from a chatroom. As Reaper says, the FAQ is a good place to start to get a feel for the boards, as is reading through a few of the threads in the General Discussion forum.

If you have any other questions, ask them here or contact one of the moderators, who are all thorughly nice :) Hope you have fun here!

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
actually, after reading 'her' sig, i have to conclude that the possibility of a troll here is high, except it's a real bad one if it is.

Is that quote from LotR even right?
I don't know it that well, but i thought it was "The Road goes ever on"
and the misspellings in her favorite quote is priceless.
LotR is even spelled lotr for her!! :rolleyes:

*just counted* there are no fewer than SIX misspellings in 'her' Favorite Passage!
one word is misspelled twice in the same word!

Combine with the observation that her sig is 12 times longer than any of her posts, and we've got a live one here....

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads