• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite character name

psychognome

First Post
When I want to play a halfling ranger, Alton Highhill always comes as the first name...
when I play a gnomish paladin, the name is always Balto Galeb, and his dire badger mount's name is always Fang...
and when my character's an axe wielding dwarf fighter he tends to get the name Grom Axtbart, (thank NiTessine for that name!) Axtbart being german for Axebeard!

Dr_Rictus

First Post
Oh, easy. "Dr. Rictus."

This was actually some time ago now. I was creating a character for a particularly lethal, grim, and gloomy campaign. I saw the "concentration" duration on the spell emotion, and came up with Dr. Rictus, who was psychologically addicted to his own enchantment spells. After a hard day, he'd invite the other party members to hole up in his tent and enjoy magically-induced happiness with him for as long as he could maintain concentration. In a pinch, he'd settle for Tasha's uncontrollable hideous laughter, but it just wasn't the same.

omedon

First Post
I haven't had a chance to use this one yet, but I hope to use it soon when the right character comes along. The name isn't directly influenced but I alway have liked the Dr. Seuss story Bartholomew and the Oobleck.

Bartholomew Hoggswaddle

beldar1215

Explorer
My first character was Beldar the Worg Slayer. He was not named after Beldar Conehead. I found out later about Beldar Conehead. Beldar has also become my nickname. I think that name will always be my favorite.

Hm. I'm not really proud of any of my PC's names, but my girlfriend has a talent for picking wonderful names for her gnome PCs. Examples include Smedly Wintergreen, Cecil Rumbottom, and Wilberforce J. Smeed.

Foundry of Decay

First Post
Hmm. I've had a few both used and non used that I've liked.

Amanishaharun (Amanisha for short). A name I wandered into trying to fit in with an egyptian theme.

Bajrum Colltharn: Good for Halflings. Haven't used it yet.

Skrajah Ravensglade: An NPC name from a past Javarran character (critter type folk).

Those are the only three that I can recall though. My brain has a low capacity of function ;)

birdboy2000

First Post
Yami-Neko for my feline-raised halfling rogue. It makes sense in a number of ways which are
1.He looks like an anime character, and the name is in Japanese
2.Cats have excellent stealth, like a rogue
3.Raised by a cat-like species
4.Thieves often wear black, and darkness suits the rougue.

Droid101

First Post
My three favorite characters have my three favorite names in D&D.

Half-elf rogue bounty hunter named Enzonito the Black, and when he acquired a relic blade, changed his name to Enzonito the Great. Fun ish to play.

Human paladin votary named Sir Wallace Brunswick.

Human paladin militant named Sir Donovan Grumoile.

Man I'm good. :D :cool:

Remove ads