• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Even Newer Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

dimsdale

First Post
Simpletown and Ms Tine seem relieved as many capable people assemble around him. Isaias shakes Bell hand with a smile, and looks quizzically as she sits down on the floor and starts writing strange things on what the man thinks is a journal. At the warforged's statement Ms Linda seems also relieved, she blinks quickly and drys her tears.

OOC: Good! so we have 4 currently:
Dimsdale
Ozymandias79
ScorpiusRisk
Velmont
We can wait for Callen, and it could be arranged for another character to fit in before the adventure begins. I'll let you know the first "encounter" will be within the walls of the inn.

ooc: I think RedbeardJim's Lvl 4 Warlock Morvannon might be interested. He was sitting next to Grakk when the poor wailing woman and Mr. Simpleton walked in.

Velmont

First Post
"Maybe he would be interested too." tells Jarel-karn, pointing at Cliff. He then turn to the shifter, "Sorry, I was distract. My name is Jarel-karn, and he is Soldier. The dragon was a tough one, but we got him in a corner where he was limited in his option, so it wasn't so tough as he looked like. You just need a good strategy, and someone willing to take some hit for you." His last comment, Jarel-karn tell it looking at Soldier.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Callen is lvl8. Soldier, Cliff and Jarel-karn are lvl6, Bell, Morvannon and Grakk are level 4. As Erekose13 hasn't shown up yet nor express any interest, if you are willing to take 6 character without a too huge gap between them, I think Soldier, Cliff and Jarel-karn, Bell, Morvannon and Grakk would make a nice team.

But I'm not sure what will do Callen alone at such high level...[/SBLOCK]

dimsdale

First Post
"Maybe he would be interested too." tells Jarel-karn, pointing at Cliff. He then turn to the shifter, "Sorry, I was distract. My name is Jarel-karn, and he is Soldier. The dragon was a tough one, but we got him in a corner where he was limited in his option, so it wasn't so tough as he looked like. You just need a good strategy, and someone willing to take some hit for you." His last comment, Jarel-karn tell it looking at Soldier.

"Hmmmm...Only true warriors could have performed that deed." says Grakk, obviously impressed with the red dragon trophy head now mounted next to the black one and blue one, which were trophies from past adventures. Turning to Farel-karn, "I am Grakk, and this is Morvannon. We both were part of the party that killed the fallen cleric of Lauto: Slardazial...twice. I speak with confidence that he will never return to this world." To Mr. Simpleton. "Old man, I believe that your call for help has been answered. This is a group of true warriors (hand pointing to the red dragon). We will find who is responsible for the kidnapping of the woman's husband. And if has been slain, then we will kill the murderer as well." This eye-for-an-eye statement triggers another round of wailing from the woman.

Last edited:

RedBeardJim

First Post
To Mr. Simpleton. "Sir, I believe that your call for help has been answered. This is a group of true warriors. (pointing to those holding dragon head) We will find who is responsible for the kidnapping of the woman's husband. If her husband has been slain, then we will kill the murderer as well." This eye-for-an-eye statement triggers another round of wailing from the woman.

"Indeed," Morvannon says thoughtfully. "When you mentioned the witnesses and so forth, I thought perhaps it might have been one of those doppelgangers, like the ones that were working with Slardaziel, but the loss of your husband's memory makes me think more of possession or mind-control of some sort. Hmm, I wish that Magnus had not disappeared so quickly, this seems to be more up his alley."

Velmont

First Post
""I am Grakk, and this is Morvannon. We both were part of the party that killed the fallen cleric of Lauto: Slardazial...twice. I speak with confidence that he will never return to this world."

"Pleased to meet you." replies Jarel-karn. "You are lucky. I have killed twice Rinch and I am not yet sure he is finally dead. One of my companion is keeping watch on his activities and his old gang at the moment"

Erekose13

Explorer
An old man enters the inn putting weight on the staff at his side. His short beard and hair appear to have been trimmed quite recently and he looks relaxed if a bit stiff. "Callen Stewart, back again." he says by way of introduction. Seeing his friends Soldier and Jarel-Karn he makes his way over. "Well met friends. Seems you've found your way to the inn before I. Had to stop in and see the wife. It was a nice visit, my eldest son was down visiting too. On the trail of anything new yet?

ooc: Callen is interested in sticking with his companions if a Lvl8 is not too much of stretch for you plans VV.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Rinch the Riser?" Bell says looking up from her notes for a moment. "I was just in one of his old lairs. He wasn't there. I suppose that's good. Some his old henchmen teamed up with a drow and were kidnapping people and turning them into a kind of ghoul." She speaks very casually as if this sort of thing was commonplace.

She see's an old man enter and exchange a few words with the Dragon Slayers. The subtle hints are all around him, though her lacks the flowing robes of a master. Wizard. . . She smiles in awe.

Ozymandias79

First Post
"Yes, Callen, an innocent man has been unjustly accused of being a murderer and sentenced for that, as that is how I understood it" The warforged says in reply to his friend

Last edited:

Remove ads