• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Game

reapersaurus

Explorer
Kind of funny how we can't even get a PbP Adventure of more than 3rd level going (other than The Heroes of thew Worlds PbP), but are trying to skip straight to Epic levels? ;)

Am I missing some PbP's levels?

Deedlit

First Post
Speaking of which, is Ash going to follow with Deedlit and Black Mage, or is he just going to comment on how it is a good idea while we walk away?

I'm starting a ECL 8ish game soon...information to be posted later though...I'm not a good DM or a great roleplayer, but I'm learning ;)

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
Deedlit said:
Speaking of which, is Ash going to follow with Deedlit and Black Mage, or is he just going to comment on how it is a good idea while we walk away?
I really don't think Ash would stay behind if anyone started looking for a way out. :)

Not to mention, if you started walkin', he'd follow your ass thru Hell itself.
GAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ;)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Well, although I see your point reaper, it's not really relative to what players would see if I dm'd (not too interested really, but considering none-the-less). They would likely see lots of down-time waiting for events that actually entice people of their power, and would likely be involved in mostly fighting critters below thier level, since I try not to develop campaign worlds where the creatures scale to match teh players...

For instance, fighting a horde of trolls with the aid of some Dragons...

or

Anything in the Astral Plane (which I personally believe should be Encounter Level 17 or greater, always).

The logic for that belief is that it's a 9th level spell, and most of the people that live there are stationary, or travel in large groups... not to mention that players are semi-protected because of where they are...

And my Plane of Shadow is EL 27, so don't even dare to step in there... but then again, I regress... this thread should be trying to recruit a DM that honestly wants to try his hand with this kind of stuff.

Deedlit

First Post
On the topic of HotW:Deedlit and Black Mage have already left, doing just that.
On the other topic:I will be watching the epic game with great interest. I very much hope it gets formed.(I think a campaign with diety PCs would be very fun myself.)

Jarval

Explorer
reapersaurus[/i] [b]Kind of funny how we can't even get a PbP Adventure of more than 3rd level going (other than The Heroes of thew Worlds PbP) said:
I'm starting a ECL 8ish game soon...information to be posted later though...I'm not a good DM or a great roleplayer, but I'm learning ;)

This sounds interesting. Any more details Sollir?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Divine ranks might be available... maybe I could have a system where you obtain divine ranks by foregoing power... for instance, a 1st level cleric who refuses to become a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and so on cleric, could gain divine rank 0 when they "would" have become level 11. Divine Rank 1 when they "would" have become level 21. Divine Rank 2 at level 31, and so on...

It would allow someone to play in this game as a 16th level character with Divine Rank 1, requiring them to only need dieties and demigods...

Yep Jarval, I'll be posting a thread soon but I just really don't have much time this weekend, so far it looks like Kalanyr, Dalamar, Creamsteak, and GnomeWorks will be playing (Maybe Darkwolf). Limit will be 6 players (that's all I think I can handle) and only up to 2 evil people in the group, which is filled already by GnomeWorks and Kalanyr. If you have MSN or AIM or can stop by chat (#IR) later tonight or something, I can talk a little about it, otherwise wait for the thread :).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads