E2: The Secret of Gemhold [Patlin Judging]

Manzanita

First Post
I've been out. Haven't even got Percy's update finalized yet. Sorry. Happy to see this game moving again. I"ll get Percy's update's done soon & notify the judges.

Velmont

First Post
Ridik is about to get approved for his 6th level. I'll be able to level him to 7th soon and then, we could move foward while it get approved. The only thing, any XP award will have to wait before I can add them after that.

Erekose13

Explorer
"OK. Well, let's stay up here, then, until we can rest. I can help guard the entrance, as I still feel pretty good. Ridik, everyone's important, I know, but I need our strike force in top shape in 8 hours. Get some rest and then get Nars and Rodimus fully healed."

Percy speaks with Celeriant, and tells him their plan. She trusts that they can figure out how to best position themselves to guard against an attack from the mine or from outside. From inside the mine seems much more likely. Percy's eyes flash with a lust for combat, and revenge for Gorefoot's people. But she cant' keep this attitude long, and is soon laughing with the petals at their ridiculous attacks on the goblins. She does stay close to the mine entrance for a while, then heads off to rest. Once she lays down and closes her eyes, the adrenalin of the big combat wears off and she quickly falls asleep.

Celeriant's nomads ensure that the night passes uneventfully. A few goblins attempting to skulk back into the keep for loot that might've been passed over are caught and dealt with. Not a sound ushers from the black of the mine entrance all night. In the morning the sky is overcast and the wind picks up again, creating a chill through the camp. Under the bright light of day again the battlefield is a dreary sight, despite the best efforts of those around who've done the hard work of dealing with the departed.

With the injuries many sustained it takes a bit for Ridik to heal those in need. As the party waits the mine entrance looms dark and silent. Once the group is prepared to depart, they light lights and organize party order and head into the black. Just inside the mine entrance is an overturned mine cart, rubble spilling out onto the hard rock floor. Heavy wooden beams brace the ceiling which is low for those of greater stature. The hewn rock walls are well maintained but cold and slick. The footsteps of the party echo off the walls broken only by the sound of a few drops of water.

The tracks head further into the mine a few hundred feet before rounding a small bend. Its at this point that the silence is broken, Nars is the first to pick it up, but soon all can hear a few sibilant whispers from up around the bend.

Manzanita

First Post
Percy steps into the mine (behind Nars.) She casts Mage armor on herself. She's learned some new spells, she knows. But doesn't say anything to the others of this. "What's that sound?" she whispers. "Is it coming our way? Let's take cover!" She moves behind an overturned cart.

SlagMortar

First Post
If the sounds appear to be coming forward, Nars will hide with Percy. If the sounds appear to be stationary, Nars will creep forward into the darkness to peer around the bend.

OOC:
Hide +13, Move Silently +13
I should be able to update Nars this weekend.

Velmont

First Post
Ridik, walking last as usual, stopas as he sees the other stoping. Not daring tell a word to not be overheard he wait, his shield ready and waiting to draw his mace, in case he need to cast some spells first. He was not really use to be such a war cleric and that make him feel still a bit unsure.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Spell Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light x2, Read Magic
1: Bless, Command, Doom, Shield of Faith, *Comprehend Language
2: Bull Strength, Remove Paralisys, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, *Speak with Animals
3: Magic Circle against Evil, Prayer, Stone Shape, *Dispel Magic
4: Divine Power, *Speak with Dead
*Domain Spell
All underlined spells will be gain once I can update Ridik to 7th level. I just wait for teh approval of the judges. I've amde teh correction they asked for his 6th level.[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
After waiting for a bit, Nars believes that the noises are not getting any closer nor do they appear to have reacted to Rodimus' knuckle popping. Creeping forward, Nars sneaks around the bend. Up ahead the tracks decline steeply with a pulley system at the top of the slope. Towards the bottom of the slope (and the limit of Nar's vision) from what he can tell the cavern ends in pure darkness or perhaps it continues from there without reference from his current point of view. The sounds are a little clearer and sound like agitated talking at voice level from somewhere beyond the darkness. There is some sort of contraption at the edge of the darkness that begins creaking with sharp metal sounds while Nars watches.

Manzanita

First Post
Before Nars sneaks off, Percy says, "Be careful, Nars. Remeber, now that Ishmael's gone, and Fondar's staying back, it's just you and me and Rodimus from the old days. We need to stay together."

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: was hoping to get slag in here with word on what Nars would do next, but carrying on...

The creaking continues though it slows after a few moments and after a few incredibly long seconds the top of a mobile cage peaks up over the lip of the cliff. Inside the cage Nars can barely make out two humanoid heads. They appear to be trying their best to hide even in the darkness so he can't make out what type of creatures they are yet.

Remove ads