E1: Tomb of Chaos [Judge: Patlin] [Concluded]

Erekose13

Explorer
Manz, you had asked about the encounter I wrote: the gricks.

Okay in prepping for this adventure I have to admit that I didn't read anyone's background. It was a straight forward dungeon crawl. Having read Gorefoot's background though, that sounds perfect for a tailored adventure. Maybe I can tie a couple of subplot elements from Percy and Ishmael. I'm afraid that currently Nars, Rodimus, and Nezrak all have pretty basic backgrounds (much like many of my characters... lol).

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC: Yeah, Rodimus is pretty cookiecutter when it comes to background. At some point I'm going to round out the monastery he comes from as I see it as a kind of milestone for him to challenge and (hopefully) beat the master. A couple more levels for Rodimus before I see him challenging any masters, though. Hopefully I'll get somebody to DM the battle, as I'd actually like to see the battle unfurl instead of just deciding on my own that he did beat the master.

But you can definately count Rodimus in for another adventure with this gang. Now just to level him up...

Manzanita

First Post
I'm so psyched. I love this group. Thanks Erekose.

I'll leave it up to you to give us a nudge then. We won't return to the inn yet, & I won't mention Percy's solo quest IC. Perhaps it could relate to the larger adventure, or it could just come afterwards. It's no rush, I suppose.

Do you think we should keep the magical map, then? That's the only thing left in our treasure distribution.

Erekose13

Explorer
I was trying to think of how to tie the map into this. Perhaps a map into Gemhold would be good, somewhere near a secret vault even. I'll make the map recognizable to Gorefoot as his home left so long ago (or what feels like a long time in any case). Whether you choose to use it or sell it is up to you. But the map provides at least the impetus to join Fondar in his quest to free his home.

Manzanita

First Post
We should keep the map then. We might still try to sell it to the sages after our next adventure. Adjusting the final treasure amounts down, then, to account for 2500 gps less take, we get:

Percy - everburning torch, 1 alchemist fire, + 6209.93 gps
Ishmael - 1 alchemist fire + 6264.93 gps
Nars - potion of CLW, 2 alchemical fires + 6229.93
Rodimus - amulet of natural armor + 5274.93
Gorefoot - 1 alchemist fire + 6264.93 gps
Nezrak - arcane scroll & 6174.93 gps

um...anyone feel free to check my work.

Erekose13

Explorer
I think Gorefoot wanted the brooch of shielding.

You can sell the map to anyone as it is not an ancient artifact it wont be paid in full.

Manzanita

First Post
Since Erekose indicated he could design the adventure around us even if Percy is 7th level, I'm going to go ahead & use a DM credit to level her up. SHe's so close & it's such an exciting level, I just can't wait.

I want to buy her a +2 cloak of charisma & a +1 cloak of resitance. I guess they can't both be cloaks. Percy has all her craft points.

Erekose13

Explorer
That should put us back to the same level split that we had before (two levels between the most experienced character and the least). So how much can I take from your background Icy? You indicate that only some of it is public. Same for you Manz, though the Monemvassia stuff will be somewhat smaller in content I'd still like to have something in there.

Manzanita

First Post
Percy's background is all open. I have no short term plans for anything in Percy's background. If I do get around to doing any more with it, I can just factor in anything you do. More fun that way.

Remove ads