E1: Tomb of Chaos [Judge: Patlin] [Concluded]

Xael

First Post
OOC: I figured that if you donated half of the total needed craft points (note that if you don't have the feat your points only count as half so you pretty much need to donate the whole item's craft point worth to give half) you'd get an additional 10% discount. So yeah, you'd end up with 15% discount if you donate as much craft points as you can.

Basically you get 1gp discount for each craft point donated if you don't have the appropriate crafting feat.

Gloves of Dex +2 would thus cost 3,400gp and 400 craft points (Nezrak gets 1,400gp profit and pays 200 craft points), or up to 3,800gp without donating any craft points.
+1 Cloak of Resistance costs 850gp and 100cp (Nezrak gets 350gp and uses 50cp).

Depending on how the money division ends up, I'll level up Nezrak, craft Gliran's Blessed Book, copy the old spellbook into that and sell it, buy and learn the needed spells and then craft what people want. Nezrak might need a very small advance payment first to make the book though, but I doubt that matters...

Note: Does Nezrak's character sheet attached file NezrakPastLevels.txt work for somebody?

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: don't forget you can get people to join in the experience point cost of crafting. both parties have to commit the full craft point cost, but can split the xp cost 60/60 I think it was.

Manzanita

First Post
SlagMortar said:
OOC: Thanks for the congratulations, but I'm not sure if Nars is taking a rogue level or a fighter level next.

OOC: sheild bash & a darkwood light shield could be a nice boost for Nars. A fighter level seems very natural for a dwarven rogue.

I'll just say that I have a side-quest in mind for Percy. You see her father was killed as part of M3. I'd like to see her return to Monemvassia & spend some time with her family. I'd like to give her a few DM credits for that adventure as XPs. But I dont' want to bump her to 7th at the moment, as it might make her ineligible for the next adventure. I might also say some of the treasure she buys comes from her family. It might be nice to have a some family heirlooms. I'm not sure when to do this, but I thought the loss of her father might set off the fireball spell she gets @ 7th (unless Dalamar convinces me to take Haste again!) I don't want to set her off until we finalize this adventure.

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: The market price for a brooch of shielding is 1500gps, so if Gorefoot wanted to buy it out of the party loot, it would cost half (750gp), right? If so, he will definitely purchase it.

Manzanita

First Post
IcyCool said:
OOC: The market price for a brooch of shielding is 1500gps, so if Gorefoot wanted to buy it out of the party loot, it would cost half (750gp), right? If so, he will definitely purchase it.

OOC: I don't believe so. In this case, the sages are buying most of our items, including the brooch, at full value. So if Gorefoot wants it, he must deduct the full 1500 gp value for it.

IcyCool

First Post
Manzanita said:
OOC: I don't believe so. In this case, the sages are buying most of our items, including the brooch, at full value. So if Gorefoot wants it, he must deduct the full 1500 gp value for it.

OOC: If that is the case, he'll still purchase it, unless someone else wants it.

Erekose13

Explorer
Hmm I've been looking over my adventures that I've got lying around and I dont really have one that looks like a fit. I'd be willing to write one up myself, but in that case I think I'd like to tailor it a bit more to the group of players. Does anyone sound up for an adventure like this? If we do go for this, then a 7th level Percy would be part of what I tailor the adventure around so no worries on that.

Manzanita

First Post
OK! Tailored adventures are the best! If you pour over it and can't get it to work out, no problem, Erekose. We won't hold it against you if you keep us waiting a bit.

I think this group has some potential too. The most obvious tailored adventure would be the liberation of Gemhold, Gorefoot's homeland. Percy has some potential too. I know you're familiar with Monemvassia. She's a potential target of bounty hunters. Also, her big brother has been missing for years not with the real sword of Truth. She'd go to any length to rescue him if that were needed. Some blue dragon thing could make a good hook with Ishmael. There's the missing king thoth character from E1 we could be interested in.

Thanks for considering this option!

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: You can count Nars in. His background is a little bland (standard mountain dwarf), though I'd be happy expanding it if needed. If we wanted to take an in character break (and out of character if Erekose wants some time) for Percy to travel back home, Nars could head back home to be instructed on the finer points of being a dwarven fighter. I think I have some DM credits that I might add as gifts he received before setting out again.

Remove ads