• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance miniatures loot !

Sorry for geeking out but I got into nostalgia for the original Dragonlance miniatures from Ral Partha and I can't believe I luckily was able to find someone selling all the 4 complete boxes for 640 $ !

All of them seem complete and I can't wait to start painting these ! Although I'm really scared to screw them up so I'm thinking about painting some casting copies first to keep the originals in the box !

y4m2LJNaV4XI0UnQ1xFPQFNUkzqY9904Nsor02yo2LOCK7DlDeybS08bN6XTE665070yG3OktZrTzmJ7vnQeu_4wvKvKVDoBkQz4ZR_VvvqUaQ1rTdt_NUtK7_HTRxrgfQeWoSpr2IlcjaxwI9jwTGJVAngjPgcsdppcBP5OU3rtLJUs2AGK94_uS_GxchFBAZv

My initial plan was to cast them and only paint the copies and create additional copies of the draconians especially to finally be able to run the DL modules with them and have the proper amount ! Once done, I was planning to sell these back and I'm sure I'll be able to do quite a profit on these if I look at how much they sell on Ebay. But now that I have them, I'm not even sure I'll have the courage to sell them afterwards...

Funny thing is, I never read a single Dragonlance book. I know Dragonlance from the DL modules only and to be honest, me and my group had a blast playing them especially since none of us read the books. I've heard that reading the books kinda makes running the modules near impossible.

I fell in love deeply with the 30/60 maps in the modules. The sunken city, Pax Tharkas, The Tomb of Derkin, to have my players fight something else than orcs, we all enjoyed it a lot. Unfortunately, I was running them with 3E and Dragons in that edition are wayyyyy overpowered for their CR. I experienced my first ever TPK as a DM after all those years when the group was fighting the red dragon at the end of the Tomb of Derkin.

I came back to 2E for quite a few years now and I'm itching at giving the modules another go. This time, with proper draconian miniatures. Hence why I searched for that loot and I couldn't believe it when I found a collector selling all these without me having to hunt for each of them individually !

GreyLord

Legend
What is casting and how do you do it?

Could be interesting to cast old miniatures of mine to make more of them for table play.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)

Could be interesting to cast old miniatures of mine to make more of them for table play.

GreyLord

Legend
They had some really shiny miniatures in one of those links. I never thought about shining up a miniature, but now that I've seen it, would one use Brasso to make it extremely shiny?

Where would I find the files for 3d printing molds?

MGibster

Legend
I've got a soft spot in my heart for those old sculpts. I no longer care to work with metal, but I'd make an exception for those! I'd like to say if I spent $640 for those miniatures my wife would divorce me. But I've got about $1,500 worth of Imperial Knights staring at me from my bookshelf.

Me and my buddy are trying out the silicon mold + resin method and the Thermoplastic mold + Milliput/GreenStuff methods to copy those miniatures. It doesn't help that a lot of the Ral Partha miniatures are really small. Trying to get resin/milliput/greenstuff in very small portions of the mold (like sword tips, horns on helmets, etc.) is causing us lots of trouble.

But we are not quitting and we keep on trying ! I can't wait to paint a copy of Takhisis ! And make multiple copies of the Draconians to get a proper troup painted !

I've got a soft spot in my heart for those old sculpts. I no longer care to work with metal, but I'd make an exception for those! I'd like to say if I spent $640 for those miniatures my wife would divorce me. But I've got about $1,500 worth of Imperial Knights staring at me from my bookshelf.
Honestly, I feel like I can resell them way higher than the price I bought them. Just check Ebay prices for these.

Remove ads