• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Al-Qadim creatures

Cleon

Legend
Sure, that alternate form is fine. The only change I'd make is to drop the "(its natural form)" bit. The original calls them "humans" that "transform themselves into hyenalike forms." And lycanthropes don't have one natural form or the other.

Yes, I'm aware of that but we've made it a Magical Beast hyenawere, so it's a therianthrope with an animal form as its true form.

Still, I don't mind dropping the natural form.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
There's nothing in the original text that makes me think they're particularly great at stealth, more other types of deception. But I'm ok with switching to Stealthy if you really prefer it.

Did we ever decide on the bonus type for Befriend? I prefer racial a bit better, but it can be typeless if you have a strong preference.

Cleon

Legend
There's nothing in the original text that makes me think they're particularly great at stealth, more other types of deception. But I'm ok with switching to Stealthy if you really prefer it.

Well there's not much to suggest they've got fast combat reactions either.

The entry describes them as lying in wait for a victim lured out by a "point man", so they must be somewhat stealthy.

Still, a +5 is a reasonable modifier for preying on 1st level Commoners, so I'm okay leaving them as they are.

Did we ever decide on the bonus type for Befriend? I prefer racial a bit better, but it can be typeless if you have a strong preference.

I was leaning toward typeless since that's what the Krenshar's scare uses, but it doesn't make much of a difference to me.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Well, we could swap Combat Reflexes for Imp Init, which is sort of stealth-related and certainly useful in an ambush.

I don't know how the krenshar's scare is related to befriend here. Tell you what, I'll roll a die below. 1-2 for racial, 3-4 for typeless. Oh, and Befriend seems like it should be Su to me. EDIT: the die says racial bonus.

Just add pass without trace as an SLA? Or just give them a druid's trackless step?

Remove ads