• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Complete Psionic: Archery Powers (No Votes Yet on Either Power)

Patlin

Explorer
Ethereal Volley -- your ammo becomes ghost touch
Perfect Archery -- Avoid attacks of opportunity for firing ranged weapons while threatened

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ethereal Volley is a PsiWar power (level 2). It has a long duration (10 min/level). For melee weapons, it requires a Feat (available at the same time as this power) and is still not 100% effective. So in that sense, it is more powerful than extant options. Someone manifesting this and the Perfect Archery power with Rapid Shot and a light crossbow/longbow will be doing more against incorporeal foes than melee monsters. Of course, they will be burning through power points quicker. This power is not a clear case in my mind.

Perfect Archery is a PsiWar power (Level 2). It also applies for one round (so all attacks in a round would be affected). A very high level PsiWar would then just be able to fire off rounds w/o worrying about where they are---not a game breaker in my mind.

Patlin

Explorer
Re: Ethereal Volley

I'm confused as to your reference to a feat and melee weapons. Projectiles are the only valid targets, and it makes the projectiles ghost touch. There is a psionic feat which improves your odds on hitting incorporeal targets, are you comparing to that? It seems to be a more easilly comparible to the weapon ability, or to the keen edge spell. It's a level lower than keen edge, but it's less generally usefull, and uses up a precious power known slot even on days where you don't encounter any incorporeal foes.

Erekose13

Explorer
I dont think either of these powers make the Psi War particularly powerful. More effective at range versus some opponents sure, but nothing over the top.

Yes

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads