• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CALLING TIMOTHY] Looking To DM a solo or duo d20 classless game.

Janos Audron

Explorer
Nameless

Str: 8 | -1
Dex: 14 | +2
Con: 14 | +2
Int: 18 | +4
Wis:10 | +0
Cha: 10 | +0

Feats:

Basic Arcanistry
Advanced Arcanistry
Skill Training x4
Skill Point Award Upgrade x4
Astude
Thousand Faces
Skill Mastery (Necromancy, Transmutation, Illusion, Evocation, Enchantment, Divination, Concentration)
Skill Focus (Caster Level)
Hit Die Upgrade (D6)
Improved Save (Will) x3
Spell Mastery (Teleport, Improved Invisibility, Fireball, Rope Trick, Enervation, Fly)

Flaws:
Fugitive (Graverobbing, Assassinations)
Minor Phobia (Law Enforcement)
Taboo (Light Armor)
Taboo (No Armor)

Skills:

***Arcane Caster Level 5 | 7
***Arcanistry (Necromancy) 5 | +10
***Arcanistry (Evocation) 5 | +10
***Arcanistry (Transmutation) 5 | +10
***Arcanistry (Abjuration) 3 | +8
***Arcanistry (Enchantment) 5 | +10
***Arcanistry (Illusion) 5 | +10
***Arcanistry (Conjuration) 3 | +8
***Arcanistry (Divination) 5 | +10

***Weapon Proficiency (Garotte, Rifle, Bladed Boot)

***Concentration 5 | +7
***Transcribe 3 | +9
***Craft (Poison) 5 | +10
***Move Silently 5 | +7
*Spellcraft 5 | +10
*Knowledge (Arcana) 5 | +10

*Base Attack 3
Fort 2
Ref 2
***Will 5

Dennis was a common boy. Mind the was. Born as the son of a farmer, in some backwater village, he had great ambitions ... but no opportunities. So, with heavy heart, he left his home, to create his own opportunities.

He was off to (don't have my logs here, but insert that city state's name here), to become famous and to earn lots of money...

Well paying jobs were not easy to find, and education was expensive. He rearranged his priorities, and decided to make some money first. Make easy money. He had to ... stretch his morals a bit, but hey, he would stop...

And so he made some easy money, made some more easy money, and he was able to pay a hefty sum for schooling in magic.

However, he found out that his magic made his life of crime so much easier...and so much more rewarding. Instead of extorsion he started to focus on assassination. His ability to change faces, combined with his superior intelligence and his magic made him very dangerous.

With this money, he supported his family. He was (in his eyes at least) not an ordinary criminal. He needed the money, his family needed the money. Crime was just a neccessity...

But then he made a critical mistake. He became arrogant, so one night, when looking for some spell components in the graveyard, he was caught. In jail, he screwed up again. Instead of just teleporting out, he changed into a guard and started yelling that the prisoner had escaped and had locked him up. He was released, but then the real guy showed up, and he was forced to flee...

The city guard, after seeing the face changing and the rather advanced magic, put two and two together, and suspected him of a number of murders.

And so, Dennis was forced to leave the city. He travelled to the place where they would never look for him: a small village between two mountains, not ruled by anyone. He appeared there as Cyradis, an attractive young woman who fled from her father who wanted her to marry some terrible man.

Last edited:

Timothy

First Post
hmm, if I read correctly Vlade dance gives me Ambidex, Two-weapon fighting AND the ability to attack with equally sized weapons all at once, is that correct?

Timothy

First Post
okay, this is A LOT! of work, here's what I got so far.

Siggi the Sly
Male Tiefling Gladiator Level 1

Str 14 +2
Dex 18 +4
Con 12 +1
Int 14 +2
Wis 10 +0
Cha 10 +0

Flaws:

Taboo, Light Armor
Phobia (Minor) Undead
Enemy (Probarly an Outsider)

Feats:

Blade Dance
Combat Rage
Extreme Rage
Rage Stamina
Evasion
Improved Evasion
Fast Movement
HD Upgrade (D6)
HD Upgrade (D8)
HD Upgrade (D10)
Opportunist
Sneak attack (+1D6)
Sneak Attack (+1D6)
Weapon Finesse (Rapier)
Skill training (Skill will follow)

Skills:

Armor Prof: Light
Base attack (+4)
Fortitude (+2)
Reflex (+4)
Weapon prof (Rapier)
Hide (+10)
Move Silently (+8)
Tumble (+8)
Spot (+2)
Listen (+1)
Search (+1)
Balance (+5)
Use Rope (+5)
Pick Pocket (+5)
Bluff (+1)

Last edited:

Janos Audron

Explorer
drow = ecl 2? (FRCS)

Can I use feats from other books too?
How much does transcribing a spell cost?

Then I have a question about calculating SF (Specific Exhaustion, page 7), the formula is SL - ((A + CL) / 5) [Spell Level - ((Skill + Caster Level) / 5)], but the text says that is it half of the average of the char's skill and Caster Level, so division by 5 does not make much sense. I think it should be divide by 2 or 4, depending on the interpretation...

Last edited:

GWolf

First Post
Feats from other books yes, Transcirbing a spell same as other books, and hmm I hate the SE crap, use which ever you want or use a wizards spells by day stuff.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads