• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Break of Dawn [Manzanita judging] COMPLETED

NakuruSai

First Post
B4cchus said:
In reply to the remarks of Odno and Eanos Graven answers: "I believe it is not something that can present a danger all by itself. It is said hat one requires vast knowledge to even comprehence the nature of the stone. I must admid that the theme of my collection might be offending to some but the material is very fascinating once you get to know more about it!"

I dunno if I'd want something like that in my house. Y'said about it being a heart of a demon or holding a demon - wouldn' that attract the wrong sort of people if you wanted to show it off? You'd get some crazies wanting to destroy it for bein' evil or crazies takin' it to use it and cause a cave-in o' problems. Mordik takes a step away from the gem, and adds Then again, it ain't in my house, so I'd figure you know better. Mordik grins, slightly parting his lips along the scar on his face.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I must say, though it is a fascinating find from an Academic standpoint, it does sound rather dangerous. Then again, I'm unsure of the specifics. I should ask Sis some time."

B4cchus

Explorer
Graven walks up to the gem and invites you closer " Look! isn't it Magnificent? If you look closely you can almost see something that moves inside. Also, those runes are carved in such an intricite pattern. Such craftmanship, such splendor! Come, look!"

NakuruSai

First Post
B4cchus said:
Graven walks up to the gem and invites you closer " Look! isn't it Magnificent? If you look closely you can almost see something that moves inside. Also, those runes are carved in such an intricite pattern. Such craftmanship, such splendor! Come, look!"

Aye, Mordik adds with another look, Minus the danger of the thing it's quite pretty. I'd imagine it's worth quite a lot.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos quirks up an eyebrow.

"I think I'll trust your observations, Lord," Eanos says, deciding that if the joint curiosity of Odno an Aletheia isn't pulling the pair to look, there is enough threat in the stone to keep his distance.

"Would the artefact we sought have replaced this one as the crown of your collection?' he tries by way of changing the subject.

B4cchus

Explorer
jkason said:
Eanos quirks up an eyebrow.
"Would the artefact we sought have replaced this one as the crown of your collection?' he tries by way of changing the subject.

Graven looks at you and his mood suddenly starts to darken. As he lays his hand on the stone he replies in an angry voice "The artefact you sought would indeed. No doubt you can understand my dissapointment when you returned empty handed.. just like the ones before you. I really must meet this guardian one day since it is seems so succesfull in routing my employees against me." While he speaks the stone starts to emit a deep red color. The air in the room suddenly grows warm and you hear a vague sound of metal clinging against metal, perhaps something like a chain.

"I must admid that you could have decieved me if your predesessors wheren't so open hearted and told me everything about the guardian and it's stories. But enough of that. It doesn't really matter anymore. Not for you anyway."

ooc: This might be a good moment to mention that you can roll for initiative...

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion adopts a defensive stance immediately as he backs away from Graven and the demonstone, towards the door to the room. "There is no need for this, Graven." The druid pulls his shortbow from his back and tries the door.

OOC: Initiative 10

NakuruSai

First Post
initiative, graven (1d20+3=6)

Mordik seems to notice battle starting a bit late: when he sees Eanos' muscles tense from the corner of his eye, he realizes and unsheathes the silvered longsword in a flash.

Now, now...let's not be hasty here! Wouldn' wanna break your shiny stone! Mordik takes a quick nervous look at the hallway behind them, realizing their exit is locked.

Was the glass cover removed or set aside when Graven laid hands on it?

Remove ads