• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Break of Dawn [Manzanita judging] COMPLETED

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

B4cchus said:
"Offcourse, offcourse" Graven answers enthusiastically.

Eanos raises an eyebrow, looking back and forth between the gem and their host.

"I'm a little slow with culture. So, what is this, exactly?"

NakuruSai

First Post
jkason said:
Eanos raises an eyebrow, looking back and forth between the gem and their host.

"I'm a little slow with culture. So, what is this, exactly?"

Mordik seemed somewhat bored at the previous items and some slight interest at the statues but at the gem his eyes go wide. Now that's culture I can get behin'! Look ah' the size of that! He walks up to get a closer look.

B4cchus

Explorer
Graven smiles while he explains: "this is something called a Demonstone. According to some legends it is supposed to be the heart of a mighty demon or devil. According to other stories it is a stone that holds the essence of such a creature. there are many different stories with many different explanations but one thing is common throughout all those stories: It is usually connected with a powerfull extraplanar creature, either dead or alive, and it is Magical in nature!" Graven seems very excited about the thing "If you look closely you can see all kinds of runic symbols etched on the surface and in the right light, it looks like something moves within the stone!"

[sblock=knowledges for Odno]
The term demonstone doesn't ring any bells.
[/sblock]

[sblock=knowledges for Ally]
The term demonstone doesn't ring any bells.
[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion cocks an eyebrow at Graven's uncharacteristic excitement. "A demonstone? You say this may have a demon inside it, yet you keep it in your home? You have a dangerous hobby, I think, Lord Graven."

Someone

Adventurer
Odno concentrates for a while, trying to scrape every bit of knowledge about demonstones that could be buried in his mind.

ooc: Manifest Call to Mind, sharing the power with his psicrystal. Thi gives both another roll with a +4 bonus.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Rae ArdGaoth said:
Quarion cocks an eyebrow at Graven's uncharacteristic excitement. "A demonstone? You say this may have a demon inside it, yet you keep it in your home? You have a dangerous hobby, I think, Lord Graven."

"Indeed, you seem quite fascinated with demons, Lord Graven, though I shouldn't lecture nobility. Have you tried having the runes translated?"

B4cchus

Explorer
[sblock=Odno]After burying deep in his subconscious, Odno recollects a piece of information about something that sometimes is called a Demonstone. Other's call it a Demonheart, again others name the item a Hellstone.
These rare stones are believed to come from depths of Hell where they are magically augmented. After this, a demon or devil can be bound to the stone. The possesor of such a stone can attempt to call forth the demon and subject it to his will. Both the calling and submission of the creature are no easy feats and require sufficient knowledge of the rituals involved (which you do not know).[/sblock]

In reply to the remarks of Odno and Eanos Graven answers: "I believe it is not something that can present a danger all by itself. It is said hat one requires vast knowledge to even comprehence the nature of the stone. I must admid that the theme of my collection might be offending to some but the material is very fascinating once you get to know more about it!"

Someone

Adventurer
After his brief trance Odno comes to his sense again. "Truly a remarkable piece is what you have there, rare and obscure." says. "Not many could appreciate the depth and value of this masterpiece." Rather than his usual self-sufficent tone, Odno sounds now worried.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads