• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: There's three of them just in front of him due to sprinting there and others that can easily get to him to surround him and still attack once on their next turn, so he'll probably take ~12 attacks this round, many of which are from flanking opponents. The trouble is that Zaeryl is 30 feet out from the 30 foot drop off the ledge, so he's a bit far away. Without jumping off the ledge, it will take at least two rounds for Hulgyr just to get there, and the remaining Afflicted that are scaling the ramp are on the way)

Last edited:

B4cchus

Explorer
In that case Hulgyr does what any stupid, yet heroic, orc would do: he junps down!
ooc: jump check dc 15 to reduce the fall by 10 feet, i presume: Roll: 15 (faith smiles upon the dumb!)
If he has movement left he'll close in on Zaeryl and his assailants (i assume he can't attack any afflicted form his position after the jump).

Rystil Arden

First Post
*If Hulgyr seems to be moving to jump down, Zaeryl tries to wave him off--*

"Hold on a second--we can't blast again if you are in the way or your mortal life will be ended by the explosion. Wait to jump until after our final attack," he suggests.

(OOC: Will he listen? He only needs to delay 1 initiative count if he does)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Well, Eternity still goes before this, but I don't see her doing anything huge--she can't even target the Afflicted in the next description with Energy Ray, so I figure I might as well go for it)

*Of the seven Afflicted who used to act between Hulgyr and Zaeryl, only one is still alive, and it is badly burned--this makes sense, since those Afflicted who moved forward last round were only moving into Zaeryl's attack, as no one probably expected him to jump off the ledge. The Afflicted moves and tries to attack, but its claw is deflected by Zaeryl's Inertial Armour.*

*Zaeryl closes his eyes and concentrates, manifesting his explosion on the defensive. A huge burst explodes again, incinerating more of the Afflicted. He reels slightly.*

"Ugh...we had to use far more of our power than we would have preferred here in this fight."

*The explosion is not as impressive as the others, but it does manage to destroy many of the remaining enemies. Still, some of the big ones who were hit multiple times remain standing, and the scattering did allow some of them to move out of range. Meanwhile, since all of those standing directly next to him have burned away, Zaeryl retreats backward towards the ledge.*

(OOC: Hulgyr's turn. He can actually do a leaping charge to attack an Afflicted if he likes. He has a straight line to one, not counting the drop)

B4cchus

Explorer
(OOC: Hulgyr's turn. He can actually do a leaping charge to attack an Afflicted if he likes. He has a straight line to one, not counting the drop)
That sounds like fun! let's do that!
Any new/additional rolls to be made aside form the attack?
Ayway, the attack is 22; damage 27. Rolls are here. Hulgyr jumps right through him :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Death from above! Hulgyr leaps forward and down as far as he can, his blade arcing with the momentum in an incredibly needlessly powerful attack, cleaving straight through the surprised large Afflicted before it can think to bring a claw to bear. Nonetheless, the fall carries its own sting.*

(OOC: Hulgyr takes 1 nonlethal and 3 lethal from the fall

Ironwolf's going to be next, but I'll wait on Eternity.
I figure she'll probably javelin or Energy Ray something--remember a PP expenditure for the ray if she does do that: she can get into range for an Energy Ray only if she moves down the ramp towards the Afflicted (and obviously into charging range, since charging range is longer than Energy Ray range). )

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: that brings up an interesting, yet unforseen side of his Fury of the Wolverine feat: how does non-lethal damage count against the 'damage taken for flying into rage'? I'll bring it up on the GD thread. For now i will only count lethal damage.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I'm only going to count lethal. It would be weird if he went into an uncontrollable fury while possibly suffering no physical trauma (some nonlethal is mental fatigue based only) or due to not eating "Raaaaaaaargh! Thurg hungry!!!" or environmental concerns "Raaaaaaaargh! Too hot for Thurg!")

Remove ads