• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Fun...no. Torture--yes :( Argh my feet have finally healed up when I accidentally fell asleep afterwards, but now my face and neck are killing me)

"Good, but we do not have much time before the powers end, so we need to hurry," Zaeryl points out, "I would coup de grace them all again, but we'll go faster if you all help."

(OOC: Assuming they help, the group easily coup de graces the fallen Afflicted and continues onward for a short spell--as Zaeryl stated, this group was like a set of sentries, so they were set close to the huge cave that he described)

"Hmmph, the stalactite we dropped on them to block the way is gone. Those in armour or who are somewhat less quiet should stay slightly behind. Hulgyr, if you can go into Rage twice a day, this next battle is a good time to do so, but if you can't, it is questionable whether we should save it for their master. We are assuming we will not have to fight both at once--if we see that this assumption is wrong, we will suggest an all-out."

*Zaeryl leads the quieter members up and around to a ledge overlooking an incredibly spacious cavern. There is a small natural ramp-like formation leading down into the cavern. The cavern is rife with Afflicted, over one hundred of the smaller creatures and perhaps twelve of the larger, and there are cages formed from the stone that have trapped a small number of victims near crystals glowing with ominous black radiation.*

*Motioning the group back slightly, Zaeryl says:*

"This is far fewer of them than there were in her before...we thought with the dark shadow that there would be more. What could have happened? Regardless, let us proceed. All of you, allow us to strike the first blow. We learned a new power just for this room," Zaeryl grins in anticipation as he leads the quieter members out onto the ledge and begins the fight not with a whimper but a bang--a massive roiling holocaust of flame and death springs out from his fingers and explodes around most of the Afflicted. About two thirds of those smaller Afflicted that are burned go down, and the rest look very close to it. However, the large Afflicted and the unaffected small Afflicted look decidedly upset by this development.*

(OOC: Surprise round for the rest of the PCs. Those with negative Hide / Move Silently modifiers should be behind Zaeryl by 10 feet for every -1 on their Hide or Move silently modifier, whichever is worse. Others are at the front)

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Zaeryl can't fall back yet--only a standard on the surprise round. Ironwolf doing anything? Doesn't his Large size mean he's 80 feet back? If so, he can be at 60 feet back if the limiting factor is Hide, since by then, the curve of the tunnel puts him out of sight of the Afflicted anyway. Actually even 50 is okay, since he'd have partial cover and thus a Hide bonus to counteract the penalty)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: About 40 feet straight line distance, but if you go down the ramp instead of falling down thirty feet, it takes sixty feet to get down the ramp and then further to get to any Afflicted, no straight lines at all)

B4cchus

Explorer
In that case Hulgyr gets his mw longbow and starts firing arrows in one of the larger afflicted.
attack: 15 damage:1. rolls are here.

ooc: now that was effective...

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: He doesn't have Quickdraw. You can't do that on the surprise round (I'm assuming you have out the Greatsword to start, as I did every time in the past when I let you charge). He can drop the Greatsword on the ground and move while drawing the bow (or just drop the sword and draw the bow without moving), but not more)

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: a, yes, good ol surpise rounds. Keep forgetting about those partial actions every time. Hulgyr will indeed be holding his greatsword by default. He'll drop his sword and draw his bow.

Remove ads