Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf will do a little searching around, while continuing to suggest to Zaeryl that the wiser course is to leave the area.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Just keep looking for something you can shoot at her or something that could make use fly or store some extra power," Zaeryl insists.

"You know, if you both keep attacking me, I may just have to kill you all, and that will be it. Game over. Ironwolf, if you leave now, you can recover your other friends later, and only this one here and Almayce will be dead."

*Since Ironwolf and Zaeryl both didn't want to use any of the items right near them, that gives Aglaia time to heal herself.*

*After looking around a bit more, Ironwolf finds a weird looking amulet of crystal. He has no idea what it does. Zaeryl finds a slender dorje. He grabs it and points it at Aglaia.*

"This better be an attack..."

*The dorje, it turns out, does hold an attack--and it unleashes a missile of flame, which doesn't hurt Aglaia at all.*

"Fire? Is that the best you can do? Pathetic."

"Keep looking!"

*Ironwolf keeps searching around and finds a cool-looking Greatsword made of crystal. Zaeryl finds a cluster of crystals arranged around a central crystal with silver wires.*

"Score!" Zaeryl proclaims, as he taps into the energy in the crystal array and begins to manifest a power.

*He sends another encrypted message to Ironwolf using the weird psionic terms that he has to decode.*

'I THINK SHE'S LOW ON ATTACK SPELLS--SHE'LL PROBABLY COME DOWN TO HIT US AND INTERRUPT OUR POWER--WHICH IS GOOD AS SHE IS NOT FULLY HEALED. THIS IS THE OPPOSITE OF BEFORE--NOW YOU NEED TO FIND A WAY TO STRIKE HER DOWN!'

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf sighs and draws his blade, full defending.

"Clearly Zaeryl won't consent to a mediated resolution. He seems to think he's got the upper hand. If you agree, we'll grant you safe passage to leave."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: The new one made of crystal, or just his regular sword?)

"Well, I disagree. And that's why if you agree with me that this foolishness will only get you killed, I'll extend you the same offer. Just leave. This is your last chance, Ironwolf. Please."

*As Ironwolf draws one of the two greatswords, he takes a defensive stance, pointless because he is now far enough away from Zaeryl (~40 feet) that if she goes for Zaeryl, Ironwolf is in no danger, plus she seems usually pretty accurate, stance or no stance.*

*Meanwhile, Zaeryl proved correct as she swoops downward and over slightly to attack him, sending down one of her stingers and striking Zaeryl, but not hard enough to disrupt his power.*

*Zaeryl finishes expending the power in the cognizance crystal to summon one last Astral Construct, another flyer.*

"Another construct? Fine, I'll just destroy it. Really Zaeryl, that's not a big deal. Give up before you get yourself killed."

*The construct slams at her, hitting twice and not quite removing the damage she healed while he was wasting time with the dorje.*

(OOC: 17 Damage, but she had healed 22, so she's still 5 higher than she started

Ironwolf's turn)

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Unless the crystal greatsword was sized for a large character, Ironwolf will stick with his accustomed weapon. However, I didn't note the crystal amulet when I first read your prior post. Can Ironwolf have picked that up when he found it?

Ironwolf will put on the amulet and ready an action to attack.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Nope, the crystal sword, though it looks powerful is only medium-sized. If he did put on the amulet, he would have needed to stop earlier and not take that full defense (though the full defense was basically guaranteed to be pointless, so if you want to retcon the amulet back on, I think that's reasonable, since I'm guessing the full defense was the result of a 'there's literally nothing for me to do', and the amulet could have been that something). Of course, based on the powers held by most amulets, the chances of it helping here are very low, but it's a freebie, so sure, why not.

Readying an action for what? He's 40 feet away from the action, so whatever it is I doubt the readied action will be triggered, but I do need to know what the trigger is ;)

Also, he can move closer first (or charge and jump up just a tad))

Patlin

Explorer
OK, retcon the amulet on instead of the full defense.

My wild hope is that it is a periapt of wisdom, with the increase in wisdom granting a few power points. If so, Ironwolf will move forward and try to regain his focus.

If nothing unusual occurs, he will move in as close as he can and ready an action to smack Aglia if she comes within range of his sword.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: No such luck, I'm afraid--not Wisdom. On the other hand, due to the effects of Aglaia's amplifier, you sort of already know what all the constant-effect items in the very near vicinity can do.

Also, it's worth noting that he can sense tactically that she's likely to fly up and deal with just the construct alone if she can manage it--she's almost certainly not going to come into range of his sword unnecessarily. But since she had to swoop down to try to interrupt Zaeryl's power, right now is a chance to charge and attack her.

If you knew that already, then it's all good, and we shall carry on. I just wasn't sure.)

Patlin

Explorer
Charge and attack sounds good, I hadn't realized that was a possibility... with all this stuff on the ground, I figured it was rough terrain.

Remove ads