• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are gamers chronic loners

What is your current and past relationship status?

• Married

Votes: 130 53.1%
  • Divorced

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • In a relationship (but not married)

Votes: 49 20.0%
  • Currently Single, never married (but have had an S.O.)

Votes: 47 19.2%
  • Never married, currently single, never had an S.O.

Votes: 15 6.1%

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
I've got more single friends who are not gamers, than friends who are gamers and single.

/M

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
I chose S.O. over boy/girl friend for brevity. Plus some people don't like the term as they feel it is juvenile or exclusionary. If that is not you just read boy/girl friend over S.O.

I married at 20, I've been married for 17 years and we have 4 kids.

Gaming is a social activity and while the stereotype is of a social loner, I suspect such people are actually happier playing Online rpgs.
Let's not perpetuate one bad stereotype while trying to dispel another.

IME, the asocial are happier playing single player CRPGs, or complaining about lack of single-player content in online RPGs. Most of the worthwhile content in online RPGs requires you to be at least somewhat social, and generally speaking it is the most charismatic people who rise in the attendant hierarchies.

Starman

Adventurer
I've been divorced for a few years now and I have custody of my two daughters. I've dated a little bit since the divorce, but I'm really busy and haven't had time to really get out there more.

Remove ads