• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are gamers chronic loners

What is your current and past relationship status?

• Married

Votes: 130 53.1%
  • Divorced

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • In a relationship (but not married)

Votes: 49 20.0%
  • Currently Single, never married (but have had an S.O.)

Votes: 47 19.2%
  • Never married, currently single, never had an S.O.

Votes: 15 6.1%

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
I've wondered if the stereotypes are true and I haven't seen any data. But how many people who play traditional table-top, pen and paper, "real" roleplaying games are unmarried adult loners? Just want to see. If there is a poll that did this earlier, please let me know.

Last edited:

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
My group includes 3 married males, 1 married female (my wife), 1 minor (my son), 1 single adult male.

So, 4/6 married; or 4/5 adults married; or 3/4 adult males married. Anyway you slice it we're not loners.

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
Now granted I was 32 before I had my first girlfriend and I'm currently single. But I have had two and both were gamers (I was the first boyfriend of my second girlfriend).

BlubSeabass

First Post
Young groups (20-24), in which I have a relationship with another player and one other has a relationship (and had plenty of them). The rest...yeeaaah, no love doctors. Although we're mostly Computer Science students. As if one stereo type wasn't enough to make us losers =D.

Wicht

Hero
I married at 20, I've been married for 17 years and we have 4 kids.

Gaming is a social activity and while the stereotype is of a social loner, I suspect such people are actually happier playing Online rpgs.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Our group currently has two married couples, a minor of one of the couples, 1 divorced female, a male who has a non-gaming girlfriend, me, and my sometimes-gaming girlfriend. We used to have a single male, but he moved to Sweden and got married; and a divorced male, but he moved to Estonia, and is still divorced (though now twice-divorced).

Remove ads