• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Immortality Awakens (Knight Otu Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

azmodean

First Post
Greetings young Alyx, my name is A'jardin. I'm sure those of us chosen to undertake this retrieval shall do our utmost to return as quickly as possible with your cure.

A'jardin moves next to Zarindas and adresses him quietly, trying not to be overheard by Alyx, I'm afraid this is a rather indelicate question, but one we need the answer to. How long would we have to return with the orb before young Alyx is in danger of her life? In a more normal tone of voice, A'jardin adresses Rinaldo's question, Among these strapping folk, I believe I may be the only arcanist present, unless you follow that path as well Rinaldo. I possess a few offensive magics, but I believe in a group such as this I would do the greatest good by transmuting my allies and their belongings. What warrior would not want to be transformed to a ten foot tall version of themselves?

Brain

First Post
Scun speaks softly from the corner, his graveled voice barely understandable at that volume. "I am a priest of Mongrel, and also a savage combatant if things come to that."

He then becomes quiet again, looking at the other adventurers (anywhere but towards Alyx)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Hmm...I have GMed for large groups before, and I think it will help, so I might take 8. We have 9, so since Rinaldo as much higher and said he might go back, Velmont, would you mind overly much if we just used the other 8?)

Zarindas whispers back to A'Jardin, "I'm really not sure, but the priests tell me they can keep her alive for at least several more months...Of course, whatever I have to pay them to do so will cut into the 20,000 Gold, which is why I said 20,000 Gold at most."

azmodean

First Post
Looking slightly offended, A'jardin replies stiffly, I understand your desire to be clear concerning the reward, but I am not worried about the size of the reward but rather the well-being of your daughter. Setting that aside, is there anything related to you about the deeds of your ancestor that might help us prepare for this unknown land? I assume that if all others are warded away from the land, then beasts may have infested it, as well as mindless creatures such as undead.

Rystil Arden

First Post
azmodean said:
Looking slightly offended, A'jardin replies stiffly, I understand your desire to be clear concerning the reward, but I am not worried about the size of the reward but rather the well-being of your daughter. Setting that aside, is there anything related to you about the deeds of your ancestor that might help us prepare for this unknown land? I assume that if all others are warded away from the land, then beasts may have infested it, as well as mindless creatures such as undead.
"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to imply that and I am truly grateful that you care for my daughter so."

"As for Zorander...well, he was a holy man with great arcane might. And although others were warded away from the land once the wards were in place, it is possible that some were warded inside--though there may be beasts and undead as well, I simply do not know."

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to imply that and I am truly grateful that you care for my daughter so."
"Tis alright. I'm sure most 'ere would rather Alyx be well above any reward ya offerin, but I know why ya worried 'bout it. I think we best be settin' off soon then."

Cade looks at Anton "Perhaps it's best if ye hold on ta the ring. I'm sure ya kin navigate the land better 'n most of us."

OOC: looks like we do have a wizard now with A'jardin, and a fairly good level mix without Rinaldo (sorry, but you're the only one above 3rd). Little combat heavy, but I think we can manage with that.

azmodean

First Post
I apologise myself, the situation perhaps has me overwrought. Is there any way for us to be sure we have found the correct orb once we have it in our possession? Never mind, you had mentioned rings that would lead us to it, that had slipped my mind. Is there anything else we should know about before we depart? For one, what is the land like in the direction we are travelling? Is it wilderness all the way, or will we be travelling through areas inhabited by people for most of the journey? Considering my funds I will need to purchase a pack animal of some sort to carry the food I will need if we will be spending a great deal of time in the wilderness.

Rystil Arden

First Post
azmodean said:
I apologise myself, the situation perhaps has me overwrought. Is there any way for us to be sure we have found the correct orb once we have it in our possession? Never mind, you had mentioned rings that would lead us to it, that had slipped my mind. Is there anything else we should know about before we depart? For one, what is the land like in the direction we are travelling? Is it wilderness all the way, or will we be travelling through areas inhabited by people for most of the journey? Considering my funds I will need to purchase a pack animal of some sort to carry the food I will need if we will be spending a great deal of time in the wilderness.
"The land is inhabited for a while, but then it becomes desert as you approach the Elemental Pole of Fire. Just remember that in the desert, water is precious and armour is sometimes your enemy."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn 3

Somac does his best to explain to the group where he is from and what his strengths are.

Then, he addresses the owner of the house, "For this journey, it would be better if I had a horse, to carry water and to fight with. I also must find a weapon before we set off. Can you tell me where in town I can purchase these things?"

OOC: Do you want to roleplay these purchases, or can I just assume Somac is able to buy them before the group sets off?

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Zarindas tells Somac where to find a good general store.*

[OOC: I know very little about Orussus, so as long as we are here, I'd rather just assume a purchase, though that will change once we get somewhere where I feel more in control :)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads