• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Immortality Awakens (Knight Otu Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, think if it this way: instead, you have some of the best qualities of each parent."
"Thank you Anton. That's a very sweet way to think of it...it makes me feel warm and happy inside to meet people who think that way of me...there were many who always teased me for my mixed heritage."

Anton smiles as Alyx smiles, "Yes, there are a few, women seem to reign supreme in that realm, regardless."

"I suppose so," she coughs slightly and leans against Alton, "I do my best to keep the house tidy, but especially with my illness, it seems to be a lost cause..."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Alyx, las, ya have a fine home here. No need ta worry 'bout us. Hope ya understand when I say I hope we're on our way soon. Donna want ta make ya wait ana longer than we have ta to get ya well again."

"I understand Cade, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your concern, though I think that just being able to talk to people without their turning away in fear of catching my disease--and also petting your cute doggie!--is helping me to feel a little bit better, at least for now."

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Tandi, who up until now had been content to listen to the others clarify the specifics of this mission, was dealing with internal turmoil of her own. Hundreds of miles to the southeast would bring them very close to her home. A little too close. Sighing she resolved herself to determine what it was about her that reminded Zarindas of his daughter Alyx. It certainly wasn't in face or body, they were on opposite sides of that fence. Shaking her head, she finally spoke up.

"Dear Alyx, while we would love to keep talking to you and get to know you better, in order to make sure that we can continue to do so, I believe Cade is right. We should get moving soon. I promise we'll tell you all about it when we return. For now, you should rest, my dear."

Tandi placed one hand over Alyx's forehead and another on her chest, closing her eyes to say a silent prayer to the winds to speed their journey along. Tandi had seen some things in her relatively short life, but nothing could help get used to seeing a child in pain. Looking to the rest of the motley bunch around her, she spoke. "Of all the despicable acts a fiend could accomplish, taking its vengeance out on an innocent child is beyond uncalled for. I will help bring back the cure, or die trying."

RillianPA

First Post
ooc: Wow you guys started early :p

Rillian, content to let the other do the talking until now, is finally moved to speech.

"I too will undertake this quest. Vile creatures such as this demon must be opposed. Plus a little travel and adventure is always worth the time."

Aside to whispered to Scun "Does any of this sound familiar to you?"

Velmont

First Post
Someone knocks at the door. When someone opens it, you see the familiar face of Rinaldo di Senzio. "You are in such a hurry? I just took two minutes to finish a drink and you were already out of sight. Luckily for me, you are easier to track than an troop of knights in shiny armor."

He enters and remove his hats. "Lady." He says, bowing in front of the sick girl. "Now, it looks like I miss the whole story. I havn't yet done my decision yet, but if someone could resume me the situation."

After someone have told him the situation, Rinaldo starts to be pensive. "A deamon... it was missing to my curriculum, but we aren't suppose to meet it, right? But I think if he was locked away in the same place than the orb, he could have left some protection around it. Not counting the protection put there so no one would reach that deamon."

Rinaldo starts to looks around at all the people there. "If you are concern to not attract the attention of that deamon, a small group would be better than a large one. Considering that, I might just go back to the RDI... but before I make my final choice, I would be curious to know each others talent. At first sight, I would say there is many warrior in the group, but varied talent would be an edge to such travel. Personally, I am a spice merchant, so I've come to know much the human nature, or any other humanoids. But luckily for me, it is not all, I've learn from my cousin some tricks known by smugglers or thievies. As the saying goes, it's take a thief to catch a thief, so I had to learn there tricks so I wouldn't be robbed."

Animus

Explorer
Dagummit enters, somewhat in a rush because of his inability to keep up with the long legged ones, and waddles his way over to a chair to sit in and listen.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well met Rinaldo, I'm Cade Jenner. I'm a warrior by trade. And I think this is important enough that it can't hurt taking more than 6, but I don't know how many more we kin take before it's too many"

OOC: By my count, we have 1 Fighter (1st level), 1 Ranger (1st Level), 1 Barb (3rd level), 1 Barb/Cleric (2nd level), 1 Monk (1st level), 1 Rogue/Fighter (2nd level), and 1 Rogue (5th Level) (Edit and 1 more Fighter (1st) who steped in while I was posting) who have posted in this thread. There were others who expressed interest but haven't yet come here. Definately an odd group and a somewhat odd pairing of levels.

Last edited:

Animus

Explorer
OOC: I want in, but if it's too much of a bother I'll just waddle my way back to the Red Dragon Inn and wait for another hook.

Brain

First Post
RillianPA said:
Aside to whispered to Scun "Does any of this sound familiar to you?"
Scun just coughs and chuckles despite himself.

Scun, who was boisterous and loud at the Inn, is suddenly quiet and reserved, sitting in the chair farthest from the bed. He does this because he knows that his appearance is often scary to young people and women, and he is also a little tipsy. He listens politely to the conversation.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Anton sighs and stands up, "Yes, I supposed we must depart. Alyx, keep your strength."

At Rinaldo's comment Anton shrugs, "Our occupations would be handy to know, I think. I am good with a bow, but I also have a knowledge of nature."

ooc: hm, no casters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads