(Adventure) Heroes of The Vesper Peaks (Uriel judging)

Ferrix

Explorer
*Kunst gives a cursory glance around at the crew gathering about, shrugs to himself and giving a nod to the people who introduce themselves to him, but mostly keeps quietly to himself. Problems in the mines. No damned dwarf would dig upwards for no sake, but then again, not even my own kin have too much sense sometimes. This kobold, Kreepto, he seems to know what he's talking about, more of a savant than a worker of words though. He doesn't make too much sense all of the time, but he seems to understand what's going on. Gives a small nod towards Kreepto and takes another swig of his stout.*

OOC: would knowledge: architecture/engineering let me discern any other problems with digging upwards that kreepto hasn't mentioned, or ways in which digging upwards would be justified? knowledge: arch/eng +8.

Jolmo

First Post
Jagos tries to get some information from the miner seated next to him:

"Nice entertainment here tonight." He says with a gesture to the musicians and the juggler. "Are they often here?"

After hearing the man's answer Jagos continues by asking about Kreepto:

"Seems like your kobold has gotten into some trouble over there, does he often cause mischief?"

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Nace leans back against the table and takes a long drink from his mug as he listens to the others, and glances to each in turn. He nods to Jairik and quirks a slight smile. "Not my entourage, no.. just others I happened to enter with. But well met, nonetheless."

The young ranger finishes off his drink and snags another from one of the waitresses, tossing her a silver peice as a tip. Once more, he turns his attention to the kobold, frowning just slightly as he hears this new news. "That can't be good," he says, shaking his head, causing some of the beads braided into a lock of his hair to rustle. "Odd scents in a mine?"

Quirhid

First Post
*Vanadan listens carefully as the kobold speaks to the people surrounding him.* This kobold is a weak one. He's despised by everyone except for these people. I wonder what their goals are? It can't be just pity that they show for it. There's something going on... I'm sure of it.

*Vanadan bends over to listen some more, but when this Jairik-fellow implied that he's accompanied with this Nace-character, the image made him shiver of discust. Yet, he still doesn't talk. He saves his words for the worthy.*

Last edited:

wolfheart

First Post
Jairik listens intently to what Kreepto has to say, but is becoming distracted by the singing of the other bard across the table. He notes the obvious displeasure that the elf felt at his implying that he was part of Nace's entourage and chuckles to himself.

Jairik motions to the dwarf, Kunst, and asks, "What say you, Kunst? Your people must have some exprience in mining. Does anything Kreepto is saying give you cause for alarm?

Lefferts

First Post
Grog waits for his ale and then heads over to the group
surrounding a kobold. He speaks to the kobold, "These guys botherin ya?"
while looking around at the small crowd.

wolfheart

First Post
Jairik sees the other half-orc walk up to their group, and knows they are certainly attracting too much attention now. He scans the room to see if anyone is taking more than a mild interest in the growing throng around this usually shunned kobold.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
"This smoke smell you speak of, little one, where have you smelled it before that you recognize it as an ill omen?"

"Smoke of rocks melting by magic fire. Smells of incense and soap mixed in..."

OOC: would knowledge: architecture/engineering let me discern any other problems with digging upwards that kreepto hasn't mentioned, or ways in which digging upwards would be justified? knowledge: arch/eng +8.

Yes, you know of the normal dangers of digging upwards into a mountain once you are already deep inside. Also, you can surmise from the way Kreepto describes the tunnels that it is structurally unsound and quite dangerous. Higher caverns have less pressure, and so require less support to keep from collapsing, but because the rock of this mountain is somewhat soft, the digging methods Kreepto describes are very dangerous.

He speaks to the kobold, "These guys botherin ya?"
while looking around at the small crowd.

"Kreepto doesn't know people. Not comfortable with such crowds. People don't like Kreepto..."

Jairik sees the other half-orc walk up to their group, and knows they are certainly attracting too much attention now. He scans the room to see if anyone is taking more than a mild interest in the growing throng around this usually shunned kobold.

The bar seems to be quieting down some, and a few patrons are staring across the table at Kreepto with some degree of spite in their eyes.

Quirhid

First Post
Vanadan seems to be very amused by the half-orc's behavior.

"These guys botherin ya?"

"Yes actually. They were annoying this kobold with their endless questions," he says with a voice like honey and points at Kreepto. "Maybe you should throw them out. Show them your might!"

There's no doubt, that the elf is trying pick a fight at the expense of others. Let's see what will the half-orc doo!

OOC: Fight! Fight! Fight! :D

Last edited:

Jolmo

First Post
Having heard some of Kreeptos concerns, Jagos tries to find out if others share them by asking the miner next to him:

What do you think of that? Will there be trouble from these new mines?

OOC: And I am still waiting for answers to my earlier questions

Remove ads